IGNORED

Richard D James on the Planet Mu Message Board

producer snafu

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Men pushing 40 making electronic music ought to be grateful anyone gives fuck all about their music in the first place

I did LOL at your comment marf but...

there is an obvious reason that people still give a fuck about these artists... it might have something to do with their understanding, ability, and talent in making great music :beer:

Guest hahathhat
Men pushing 40 making electronic music ought to be grateful anyone gives fuck all about their music in the first place

LOL

as opposed to 20 year olds ( like yourself i don't doubt ) trying to copy them and failing miserably?

oof!

Richard has rocked (echo: rocked) for a long, long time,

Now it's time for him to pass the torch.

He has songs of wilderbeasts and angels,

He has soared on the wings of a demon.

It's time to pass the torch,

You're too old to rock, no more rockin' for you.

We're takin' you to a home,

But we will sing a song about you.

And we will make sure that you're very well taken care of.

You'll tell us secrets that you've learned. Woah!

Your sauce will mix with ours,

And we'll make a good goulash baby.

Richard, time to go!

You must give your cape and scepter to me.

And a smaller one for WATMM.

Go! Go! Richard! Richard!

seriously now, it's not like medieval times where everyone died at 40. presuming he didn't go too overboard on the fun in his 20s and 30s, he'll be around for twice that again. things tend to balance - as he gets older and slower, he gains a better understanding of what he's doing. what was that quote from goodfellas? "paulie moved slow, but that was only because he didn't have to move for anyone."

however, i am genuinely curious how his hearing is. i have nightmares of him going beethoven and leaving all those wonderful tunes locked up inside his skull.

however, i am genuinely curious how his hearing is. i have nightmares of him going beethoven and leaving all those wonderful tunes locked up inside his skull.

Oh, that is a nightmare, please don't say such things! You may have just jinxed us all...

Guest hahathhat

Oh, that is a nightmare, please don't say such things! You may have just jinxed us all...

if it were as easy as that...

i have wonderful dreams about all of PhonicBoyOnDope's nightmares going away!!

(there, you're cured)

Guest David R James

I did LOL at your comment marf but...

there is an obvious reason that people still give a fuck about these artists... it might have something to do with their understanding, ability, and talent in making great music :beer:

Finally someone says what this forum is really about.

should change the thread title to "Operation: Tracking down RDJ through the Internet"

or lock it, thats a good idea too.

Im half joking of course. Yeah, I do think the electronic music crowd is overly mysterious and sort of act like they are doing us a favor, but I'm just interested in the creative process. If I'm stalking Rich its only to understand how a creative person thinks about gear and music. Not what his favorite dessert is or what hole he likes to fuck best.

Guest tv_party

I bet he's sick to death of being hounded about music and gear by every elitist ocd subterranean virgin with an entitlement complex.

Probably handles all of this much more gracefully than I would if I were in such a position.

I'd be damn tempted to never release anything again unless completely anonymous. Plus I would launch 50 pies into the audience at the end of my next set.

Guest Super lurker ultra V12
if i would be RDJ i'd release a record of music that the majority of my fanboys would hate...

joshshockeh9.jpg

Guest Super lurker ultra V12
if i would be RDJ i'd release a record of music that the majority of my fanboys would hate...

smojphace

superstock1444r265153lu5.jpg

Guest Drahken

If the Jedi's get a church, than AFX fanboys should have one too. I can only begin to imagine the organ music before Sunday's sermon.

• 3 years later...

Bump.

This quotes are fascinating! They prove to me richard can't stop making music, because it's part of him, he IS music and its just something natural to him. He must have more than just 6 albums ready. He's just waiting for his hair to grow to release them, i'm sure.

I remember reading this on the site, back to 2009 but cant find it again!

he IS music

Grant: Listen, Mr. James...the fanbase could kill one another if they don't get a new Aphex album soon

RDJ: Wouldn't that be nice?

Grant: We can't be involved with murder...Mr. James, is this you talking or the techno

RDJ: I am the techno Grandy

he IS music

Grant: Listen, Mr. James...the fanbase could kill one another if they don't get a new Aphex album soon

RDJ: Wouldn't that be nice?

Grant: We can't be involved with murder...Mr. James, is this you talking or the techno

RDJ: I am the techno Grandy

LOL, I didn't even have to watch the clip, great show btw

Archived