IGNORED

Black Devil Disco Club - 28 After

six

Guest αnalogue ψings

Wow, it's actually different stuff to the Rephlex release. Sounds better, actually, even though thre's clearly a touch of the Wesley Willis abou the way they put tracks together :grin:

Bet Rephlex are shitted they didnt ink an exclusive deal with them!

Guest dinner at my house

wait so are these new "unearthed" tracks from black devil disco club? there were some unearthed like 2 years ago.

Guest Mr. Magoo

the boomkat samples are fantastic, fucking who are black devil disco club? i've looked into them but i cant find out much about the story behind these records???

the boomkat samples are fantastic, fucking who are black devil disco club? i've looked into them but i cant find out much about the story behind these records???

"Originally released on Out Records way back in 1978, Black Devil's Disco Club is an extremely rare disco masterpiece, an epic journey into the deepest electronic disco ... It's already whipped up a storm in the UK -- Hip dance bible Jockey Slut have made it their single of the month for March, and it's the most asked for record in Berwick Street's tastemaker shops. In other words there is a huge buzz about it. The record was discovered by Rephlex's own PP Roy for 20 pence at a car boot sale, and quickly found favour with friends Richard D. James and Luke Vibert. Keen as ever to share fantastic music, label co-founder Grant Wilson-Claridge has managed to secure the exclusive license for Rephlex, unwittingly beating Metro Area's Morgan Geist (a long time fan) to the snap. This version contains the other 2 tracks -- the poppy vocal tracks that didn't make the first release plus a great new remix by Kerrier District, (Luke Vibert), who's brilliant album was just released on Rephlex." Tracks: 'Timing Forget Timing', 'Timing Forget Timing (Kerrier District Remix)', 'We Never Fly Away Again'.

This is from the last release on Rephlex, a little backstory

I have heard rumours that this is not 28 year old material, that in fact it's new material...

yea, it defiently sounds crisp and new, but it doesn't matter that much. This record still wails

• 2 weeks later...

Track 2 definitely sounds very Luke Viberty and less Black Devil like or is it the other way around. Shame it comes out in two days otherwise I'd have considered ordering this.

Track 2 definitely sounds very Luke Viberty and less Black Devil like or is it the other way around. Shame it comes out in two days otherwise I'd have considered ordering this.

Why does that stop you?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived