IGNORED

So just recieved the official Hello Everything!

SQUIDLID

Yep mine just arrived!

So yeah the 3" CD, well a fair few people are gonna be disappointed. Very similar drones, the first track is the only one where anything much happens, but yeah, all beatless strange ambience. I didnt want to believe it till I heard it myself but it was inevitable with the title Vacuum Tracks wasn't it.

I'm listening to the Vacuum tracks now and they're really doing my head in. I like the first one, more so than Vacuum Garden, but thats not too hard considering it's got a fair bit more going on.

I suppose if these tracks were made with a vacuum cleaner they might be impressive, mmm.

I'm probably missing something, perhaps if some Aphex theorists can set all the vacuum tracks up to play at once we'll hear some gorgeous hidden symphony or something, or is that just utter bollocks.

Well the album is fucking awesome anyways so I should quit my whingeing. The vacuum tracks excentuate the beauty, dynamics and melody of the album, but one of them was probably enough.

The special edition CD isn't that special, it's just cardboard rather than being a jewel case and has a little slot in the front cover for the 3" CD. The album sounds a lot better than that leak though, dunno if it was compressed, unmastered or just a poor bitrate. Beauty.

Guest Ron Manager

just picked this up today. the cd packaging is weird, it's a digipak except the plastic bit to hold the cd is something like styrofoam. i'm really liking the album though. haven't listened to the bonus disc yet..

Hmm... that means I was misinformed about the bonus disc. Grrr.

warpwn

edit: just listened to the 3". yeah it's fucking boring. each track sounds just like the one before, literally.

That's exactly what I was expecting. I kind of like Vaccuum Garden though, so I'd probably enjoy it, especially as a freebie. It would be good drug-trip music... so if I ever do drugs again I may test it out, but music like this sometimes puts me in a similar headspace anyway.

i love the aphex squarepusher and autecre but they JUST CANT DO EXPRIMENTAL ELECTRONIC MUSIC like Dockstader, Henry, Parmigiana, Hecker ( not fuqin Tim)Lilburn, Merzbow, Pita the GRM etc etc etc

Just stick to the beats guys, we dont need your half ass attempts into experimental sound

I love the Hafler Trio so am probably gonna love this bonus disc so I'm happy! Got the confirmation email earlier today so it should arrive at work tomorrow. Great stuff, although I still haven't got through the Clark album despite having it for a couple of weeks. Where's all my free time gone ?

EDIT: hmm, i take it back. That really aint that good is it. It's pretty much just rising harmonic sine waves....I ain't no Hafler.

Guest ThE99THReDBallooN

i thought Body Riddle was great, can't wait for the tour.

Did you get the Throttle Clarence bonus disk? quite funky & 8 tracks too

Guest αnalogue ψings

The Welcome to Europe 12" is very nice. But PWN to all the people who bought the downloads because they were "exclusive"

got my jp version of hello everything today. it does not come in a digipak, it's a normal 2cd jewelcase. which is great because i don't like digipaks much. and also, the 2nd cd(vacuum tracks) is normal cd size, not 3".

great release i enjoy it a lot :shuriken:

ROFL!! i'm glad i didn't shell out.

He could have at least try to trick me by naming it BROOM tracks or something. That would have at least put off my doubts about the ep sounding like vacuum garden, long enough to pick it off from warp.

Guest ThE99THReDBallooN

ye real shame about vacuum tracks but the album itself i think is fookin grand!

can't wait for another tour, although seems it will be 07 now....

to anyone that got the Welcome to Europe 12" with the album itself, why the fudge are there two tracks on each with the same name?

my head was truly blagged

Guest papalon

Just got my Hello Everything order in the mail today. I've listened to all of it (album, vacuum tracks, and 12") and I think it's all great. The album has a real nice flow, I don't think there are any tracks on there I don't like.

Vacuum tracks really isn't all that bad. As a matter of fact I think it's pretty interesting stuff. If it were any longer it might start to drag, but I think 20 minutes worth is just right.

The 12" is amazing. I think these were the "exclusive" downloads weren't they? At any rate they're all good tracks.

So yeah, once again I'm glad I didn't let the WATMM peanut gallery's opinions get to me. It seems more and more when new releases come out there are a gang of people ready to talk shit. If you're a Squarepusher fan you're going to dig the new stuff.

I am sad I didnt notice I could get the vinyl too, now I would have to order it alone... will wait for some other things to get

Guest Erosmyth

fuck yeah, first listen through done and it's well good.

positive at least in that, when describing/identifying tracks, i'm more easily able to identify tracks i dont like, them being the lesser group them being: vacuum garden & welcome to europe. everything else was, pretty fuckin' good

as the man vince vega would say, in a most stoned stutter:

john_travolta.jpg

it may not be worth £5, but it's pretty fuckin good

Archived