SAW I

encey

~~~  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Selected Ambient Works, '85-'92 sounds more like

• Deep Forest
    • Enigma

Guest Renivatio
selected ambient works 85 - 92 sounds like selected ambient works 85 - 92 and nothing else

Oooh, OOOH! I know! bocBOC!1

:boc:

Guest Dr. Elemeno von Hat X: PhD

it shall remain an enigma

which it sounds nothing like wtf?

Guest khyberpass
selected ambient works 85 - 92 sounds like selected ambient works 85 - 92 and nothing else

Signed.

i am mostly upset over this album because of the totally hoax bullshit dates on the cover. yeah its funny i guess but when you get half of your fans believing you did acid techno in 1985 its kind of sad and makes me want to cry.

yet another truth from ghostbuster number three

id like to hear an explanation for

a) how its true and not a lie that he made acid techno in 1985 before Pierre

or

b) why he lied and how its ok, and why most of his fans dont call him on this hilarious fib

a fun white lie like thsi wouldnt normally bother me, the only reason in this case it does because you have no fucking idea how many people ive run into who think aphex twin invented all rave electronic music because of this album. Arguing with a fleece vest wearing san francisco house DJ about how RDJ did not invent ambient or acid techno can sometimes be very very painful

And of course, there's no possible way parts of those songs had their genesis back in 1985 when Richard was 14, and has said on many occasions he started experimenting with sound at the age of 12.

who cares.

these things can never be traced or proven.

the 'fables' of pierre, hardy, jefferson et al are all unproven and no less the truth just because the net and tv is full of copied documentary on the subject.

certainly nothing to suggest that some of the material on SAW didn't have at least its origins in mid to late teenage experiments by rdj. though the opposite is also true, there's nothing to say that it wasn't marketing genius on dickie's part either.

as i say, who cares.

the 'fables' of pierre, hardy, jefferson et al are all unproven and no less the truth just because the net and tv is full of copied documentary on the subject.

i agree with this, but pierre's acid tracks came out in 1987 and it can be proven with carbon dating.

if aphex shows us his reel to reel tape with acid techo riffs carbon dating back to 1986 then i will be satisfied (wait that still doesnt prove it cause he probably will just record over a tape from 1986!!!).

he invented electronic music

he did?

And of course, there's no possible way parts of those songs had their genesis back in 1985 when Richard was 14, and has said on many occasions he started experimenting with sound at the age of 12.

i think you cued me onto what is actually going on here. He probably made a lot of the basis for these tracks at a very early age, it wouldnt surprise me at all. He only decided to "finish" them in 1991-92 adding a lot of modern touches and kind of bringing it up to date with an aphex twin.

and it would be one thing if Aphex twin was an honest person in his public interviews, i probably wouldnt be so skeptical of this claim. unfortunately he has the reputation of being the Holden Caulfield of electronic music. I love aphex twin and think it's hilarious that he lies. Id probably do the same thing if i had a bunch of diesel jeans wearing interviewers boring the shit out of me.

Guest Renivatio

I dunno what the hoopla is all about with "Green Calx." Maybe it was produced after acid techno basslines first appeared?

Archived