IGNORED

Autechre albums....

Dahgrow

So, maybe this isn't the right place to ask, but I don't really know for sure so whatever. I have recently been kind of listening around to various AE tracks on bleep. I am starting to become interested in their work. Right now I am looking at Incunabula and Draft 7.30. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good album to start on? Thanks.

Guest Larry David
So, maybe this isn't the right place to ask, but I don't really know for sure so whatever. I have recently been kind of listening around to various AE tracks on bleep. I am starting to become interested in their work. Right now I am looking at Incunabula and Draft 7.30. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good album to start on? Thanks.

Hi,

Hmmm....they're all so different. Tri Repetae is a good place to start. But since you're just gonna fall in love with them buy 'em all and listn to them in chronological order - prepares you well for the post 2000 stuff...

If you like Draft then you've joined the club already

Guest earlgrey

Seriously, any of them. If you prefer soothing ambient techo ala AFX's SAW85-92 go for Incunabula or Amber. If you like ultra-fast glitchy drill style music, go for LP5, EP7, or Untilted. If a bizarre take on chaotic instrumental hip-hop is your thing, try Tri Repetae, Chiastic Slide, or Draft 7.30. If you've got balls the size of watermelons go for Confield.

Hmmm ... actually, on second thoughts, you should start by getting both fantastic EPs from 1997, Envane and Cichlisuite. If you prefer the former, work backwards; if you prefer the latter, work forwards.

Wow, thanks guys. I liked your classifications. I enjoy wierd-ass-glitchy style music, so I am definitley going to have to check out some of those you suggested. Also, I really am enjoying Draft 7.30.... Very nice...

Confield and LP5 are the two best.

But starting with envane and cichlisuite is actually a good idear. If you already love draft, check out confield and gantz graf.

Or you could beg and plead to joyrex to get the download manager working so you could download some of the way rad live sets that we have, just sayin.

But I really do mean this when I say it, every album is essential. Just get them all. I have everything on cd except anti and there are no misses.

Let's not forget the EPs folks. They probably contain my favourite tunes. Make SURE you get Envane, Anvil Vapre and Garbage.

I reckon Envane or Anvil Vapre are the best to go for, as you get a good mix of their range......ambient, glitchy, industrial, hippidy hoppidy and what not.

I didn't listen to the albums chronologically, but I'd say it's a safe bet to do so...out of all of the acts i can think of, they are probably the most progressive and have never worn out the same path. At the height of their game if you ask me.

Archived