Freaked me out when I was younger too.

babies///

ok you were 4??? i'm starting to feel really old :sad:

Guest Adjective
excellent track

excellent ep

excellent sleeve

says it as well as can be said

each track is completely different and seemingly from a different part of mind and so awesome in their own way. if anyone claimed that any specific track was their favorite i couldn't disagree in any case

Guest Romhotep

I jizz all over my monitor whenever I watch the "Windowlicker" vid. I spend all my nights dreaming about black-afro-Richard-woman. (S)He is so incredibly beautiful.

excellent track

excellent ep

excellent sleeve

says it as well as can be said

each track is completely different and seemingly from a different part of mind and so awesome in their own way. if anyone claimed that any specific track was their favorite i couldn't disagree in any case

i just realised this is a windowlicker thread

i was thinking of donkey rhubarb ep when i posted that

but it still applies to windowlicker

(although the excellent sleeve bit i probably only mentioned cause i was picturing donkey rhubarb)

Guest uncle traveling matt

YOU AINT DRIVIN MISS MOTHERFUCKIN DAISY African American

does anyone know where i can cop dat hot joint big boi and sanchez are listening to?

its on mothafucka YEA African American

Guest rezpeni

i think this track was/is probably more loved by people who weren't really into afx at the time. i remember when it came out being underwhelmed by it, especially after come to daddy and the bsides of that which were massive. this seemed kind of intentionally accessible.

Guest Romhotep

Just because art is made to be accessible doesn't mean it's all shit. "Windowlicker" is a prime example of that.

Just because art is made to be accessible doesn't mean it's all shit. "Windowlicker" is a prime example of that.

And a good example that is. Too bad most "accessible" songs cant hold a candle to windowlicker...

Guest Romhotep

True dat. But songs like "Windowlicker" give me hope for more accessible music that doesn't make me want to self-perform a lobotomy.

Guest Kenneth172

Run Jeremy's version is notorious for taking the best bits and lengthening it for maximum enjoyment. The original version is probably my least played Aphex release. I always thought the percussion sounded a bit feeble but that's just me.

I always thought the percussion sounded a bit feeble but that's just me.

It's just you.

EDIT: Unless you're comparing it to something like ziggomatic, but really, they aren't feeble. Watch a child's face as they react to the percussion in this song. it's priceless. It's actually what made me want to start my little label who's profits help get da kiddies computers with moosic software and stuff...

Guest Caustic
Watch a child's face as they react to the percussion in this song. it's priceless. It's actually what made me want to start my little label who's profits help get da kiddies computers with moosic software and stuff...

That's not creepy in the slightest.

Watch a child's face as they react to the percussion in this song. it's priceless. It's actually what made me want to start my little label who's profits help get da kiddies computers with moosic software and stuff...

That's not creepy in the slightest.

You're sick.

For realz, to watch a couple little black kids (about 8 & 6) faces (that have been brainwashed into the whole "I'm better than the whole world" mentality that surrounds hip-hop these dayz) as they are exposed to Braindance for the first time is ace. They are not yet so old that they are totally closed minded and are still young enough to experience wonder. Gary needs some hi-teching.

Guest Kenneth172

Compared to RDJ's more brutal percussion arrangements it is feeble. The bass and snare are really flat and 8-bit. You only have to listen to his earlier stuff to see the difference, e.g. Garden of Linmiri, Inkey$, Vas Deferenz, Mescalinum remixes. Huge difference mate.

Guest AOOproductions
You're sick.

For realz, to watch a couple little black kids (about 8 & 6) faces (that have been brainwashed into the whole "I'm better than the whole world" mentality that surrounds hip-hop these dayz) as they are exposed to Braindance for the first time is ace. They are not yet so old that they are totally closed minded and are still young enough to experience wonder. Gary needs some hi-teching.

The way you described that was great! I so wanna see kids faces when they watch the SUPER ugly lady RDJ go thru all the legs of the dancers.

You're sick.

racist

a beaut. one of the most original tracks EVER, btw. what tune out there sounds anything like Windowlicker?

This is pretty much my take on it. Definitely a wise choice as a single for Aphex Twin.

Archived