IGNORED

Windowlicker: Where do you rate it?

Guest AOOproductions

Guest AOOproductions

I know I am like eight years too late with this topic and most people don't even want to talk about it any more because it's one his most commercialized projects . . . But I am just interested where you rate this, as purely a song, in his extensive back catalog. Is it better than most? Forgettable? Only good with the video? Or just put it on shuffle and see what happens kinda a deal.

Guest earlgrey

It's a good song. Surprising choice for a single though. Joe Public wouldn't have given a flying fuck at a rolling donut about it if it weren't for the video.

(possibly ditto for CTD as well.)

Guest Romhotep

I love the track, and think it was an excellent choice for a single. The vocal sampling he does in it, along with the melodies he employed, are "catchier" and "poppier" than he does most of the time, and honestly more likely to randomly get stuck into someone's head. Plus, the inherent familiarity the random person feels at the sound of a human voice makes anything more successful, so even the sampling of it chopped up and not full words being sampled is still more of an attention grabber to the general public, e.g. the success of popular music being rooted in songs (i.e. music with lyrical accompaniment) rather than instrumental pieces.

Guest Kibreg

a beaut. one of the most original tracks EVER, btw. what tune out there sounds anything like Windowlicker?

Guest AOOproductions
one of the most original tracks EVER, btw.

Definitely. I have never heard anything like Windowlicker. The way he modulates the voices is unreal, they sound like something from an other planet.

Guest Enter a new display name

I like Windowlicker for the music video only, that one owns so much!

Guest tidbit
come to daddy (the video) introduced my ass to afx around 2006. Since then, he totally like ruled my musical world

:nin:

come to daddy (the video) introduced my ass to afx around 2006. Since then, he totally like ruled my musical world

:nin:

:excl:

Guest Caustic
I actually saw CTD when I was about four and it really creeped me out

Freaked me out when I was younger too.

Archived