IGNORED

Is Ceephax nearly as Good as Squarepusher?

Guest AOOproductions

Guest AOOproductions

I've heard exidy tours and I thought it was the shit. But I havn't heard his Acid Crew album cause it's out of print :cry2:. I'm new to him, although I did just buy the Megalift EP. How do you compare him to good ol' Tom.

I also ask because I have CD money from my birthday so I don't know whether to go out of my way and get Volume 1. Or pick up Squarepushers Square Window and Venus #17 releases off ebay. I missed those 2 cause in the states they're nearly impossible to find.

And don't say get em all... I get stuff 1 at a time, I'm a puss like that.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Drahken

Honestly I listen to Ceephax loads more than Squarepusher these days. I like Tom's stuff alot but tend to find Ceephax's albums flow better. Still haven't heard all of his released stuff but at the moment I'd have to lean towards Ceephax...Hardcore Esplanade is probably my favorite.

Guest Dr. Elemeno von Hat X: PhD

acid legacy is nuts

his web site is awesome

let's starta ceephax subforum movement

Guest Dirty Protest

Ceephax live is about the most fun you can have listening to music and in the last year hes become very good technologically to go with the ideas. Ive been trying for a Ceephax subforum for months, his output deserves a subforum, all the subforums with the exception of LV put an album out every couple of years, so you can run out off things to say about Windowlicker and some AE track that sounds like a broken clutch.

Guest hexagonsun

His output does deserve a subform here.

I like his early stuff, but the 2007 music alone is worth it.

This year he's getting as prolific as RDJ in the early 90s

From the rave album Megalift to Volume Two on Rephlex, this shit is off the wall.

Guest Dirty Protest
two cars leave the station ten minutes apart. which is better?

Fuck off, mocking opinions on a forum full of music opinion. You tried to sound clever, you just look like a cock.

They're both extremely talented, I like them almost equally. However, as everyone knows music is rather subjective so It'd be impossible for me to tell you which one you're gonna like best.

Out of the choices you've selected I would probably pick Squarepusher over Ceephax, Square Window and Venus No. 17 are quite formidable and epic with great production. Basically Tundra 4 is a must have for any Squarepusher fan, it combines jungle, acid, orchestral beauty and hints of insanity.

Volume One is great and a real grower, but it lacks the maturity of Venus 17 and Square Window. It's real good for frying your brain though and it took me a while to adjust to but as always with Ceephax it's a really fun record with a sense of humour.

They're both excellent and very similar at times but good at different things, I wish Tom had the same output rate as Andy though, I would be broke but raving non stop.

Ceephax forum, yeah maybe, access to more of his live sets would be brilliant!

Guest AOOproductions
Basically Tundra 4 is a must have for any Squarepusher fan, it combines jungle, acid, orchestral beauty and hints of insanity.

yeah, I've heard Tundra 4 is amazing. I'll take your word on it and get it. My only fear with Ceephax is I won't be able to find some of his music later on. In the states he's already a huge bitch to find. And it's hard to find his older releases on the internet now cause they're out of print. Only on Ebay, and they are like 40, 50 bucks there. The same also goes for Global Goon.

By the way if anyone knows of any British electronic music retailers on the internet where I could find stuff like Ceephax, please tell!

Guest Promo

Tough one. I love both but I'd probably have to say []pusher was better. Depends on one's mood I guess but then I haven't listened to either for a good while or Aphex for that matter.

two cars leave the station ten minutes apart. which is better?

Fuck off, mocking opinions on a forum full of music opinion. You tried to sound clever, you just look like a cock.

i like how people think i'm spewing nonsense when i dress a sensible comment up in a bit of it.

from what i've heard, tom started on the music stuff earlier than ceephax. by a few years. so, even if they are equally/nearly as good, tom still has a decade head-start or whatnot.

my train comment was an attempt to sum up that point in a humerous way.

no, no, it was a deliberately terrible analogy.

no, wait. terrible isn't right either.

it was a deliberately difficult analogy. have you read the rules?

I don't think Ceephax is even remotely close to Squarepusher. Where else can you find thrash electronic mayham and beautiful classical guitar on the same album.

I've never been able to find enough Ceephax so I couldn't tell, from what I've heard though I could like Ceephax easily as much as Squarepusher but I'm not sure about more. It's kind of hard to beat my 2nd favourite artist because I listen to so many artists.

No I retract that, your a cock.

and you're borderline m8

you agree with me, say i didn't go far enough. then, next post in the thread, you're freaking on me about a statement which you misinterpreted... one which continued support of your position, though subtley. a comment not directed at you.

i can be a cock sometimes, but i usually save it for when i think it's warranted.

goddamn interweb

Archived