IGNORED

Andover(Autechre) on Not For Piano by Francesco Tristano

Guest marcnplymouth

Guest marcnplymouth

Just bought this off Bleep - it's blooming lovely - wondered what the connection, if there is one, with Ae is? It's very autechre - notes (musical ignorance kicking in heavy here) like Drone (peel session) or Pule (chiastic slide). . not sure if it's a cover of Drone or a new composition or a homage or what. Recommend it though.

Anyone like that new gescom record? I'll start the ball rolling by saying I'm not sure what I think about it - on one hand I find it dull and lifeless - and on the other I think 'Hey! This is like using creating a manic drumfield that works less as a spinal ridge upon which other things are hung and more as a wood-blinding exercise through an excession of trees.' or something.

Marc x x

Guest earlgrey

i'm not sure what you mean.

are you saying that there is an artist called "andover" who sounds like autechre? that's not surprising. i LOLed recently at an artist i have on a compilation called "BOC Scadet".

Guest marcnplymouth

i'm not sure what you mean.

-

There's an artist called Francesco Tristano and he has an album called Not For Piano.

On the album are a lot of tracks played on piano that weren't written for piano - hence the title.

Here's some info (hey look - mastered by murcof!!!) :

Francesco Tristano - Not for Piano

Recorded at "Le Studio de Meudon", France, October 2005

Raimundo Penaforte recorded by Kyle Sanna at "Infocustudio", NYC

Mastered 2006 by Fernando Corona (aka Murcof)

1. Hello (Tristano)

2. Barceloneta trist (Tristano)

3. Strings (based on Strings of Life by Derrick May)

4. Andover (Tristano/Corona)

based on overand by Autechre

5. ap (Tristano)

dedicated to Pascal Dusapin

6.The Melody (Tristano/Khalifé)

7.Jeita (Tristano/Khalifé)

8. The Bells (Jeff Mills)

9. Hymn (Tristano/Khalifé)

10. Two minds one sound (Tristano/Penaforte)

So there you go - versions of Strings of Life and The Bells too !

:)))

M x

Guest earlgrey

ok, sounds interesting. regarding the new gescom, watmm folks are discussing it here ... i'm yet to hear it, but "a manic drumfield that works less as a spinal ridge upon which other things are hung and more as a wood-blinding exercise through an excession of trees" sounds like an interesting thing to visualize while listening to ae/gescom!...

Archived