IGNORED

WATMM Monthly Remix Competition

Joyrex

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest blicero

i've been holding my tongue out of respect.

and i understand why joyrex is having trouble finishing this.

but for future reference, it is never good to set hard deadlines unless you are positive you can hold to them.

i am not trying to offend mr. rex, but i am a bit frustrated that i busted ass, and had 99% of the coding done 3 weeks ago (technically, the site was done. just not super pretty).

how about a status report, eh?

Arrgh... I went on vacation all this week (left Friday), and it wasn't planned - the wife decided we needed a break so she arranged a getaway - unfortunately without any notice (as a birthday surprise), hence my not being around all of last week. I'm well rested, and feel good. As a result, yet again, I dropped the ball. Sorry.

Design is done, just need to do the CSS and incorporate the graphics into Blicero's templates and site will launch tonight after I get home - check it tomorrow, as it might be in the early morning that it does.

Again, my apologies, especially after my rant about things being delayed, WATMM, etc.

I might as well announce the subject for the first remix contest: The Police - Walking on the Moon, from their 1979 album, Regatta de Blanc. More details will be on the site, but now you have the subject, so go to it! Contest deadline will be on the site as well.

the "lost bbc studio tapes" version of this song sounds pretty cool too, probably some good samples to be pulled out of that recording.

this is certainly not the easiest track to do, wasn't sure if I'd be able to get anything, but I've been getting some good bits out of it. I think I'll have something for this.

of course nothings easy but stewart copeland is drumming thru that entire track, he never stops. I dunno, thats just something that would've discouraged me from sampling this track on my own. but hey thats why I like things like this, being forced to use something you never would on your own can be quite creatively stimulating.

I got ill last night after dinner, went to bed early, woke up a few hours ago and I am finishing the design for the site - should be up tonight. Sorry again for the delay, but you lot got your hands full with the subject song, so no worries, eh?

Archived