IGNORED

Jamie Lidell - Jim

taphead

Guest margaret thatcher

saw this on pitchfork. fucking sick. this will be my favourite lp of 2008, followed by the hot chip one or the hercules & love affair one.

Guest Fat Roland
saw this on pitchfork. fucking sick. this will be my favourite lp of 2008, followed by the hot chip one or the hercules & love affair one.

Shrrrly, you're being just slightly premature. What if, I don't know, BoC go drill 'n' bass or summat? It could be the best music noise ever.

Or not.

Guest AugmaticDisport

Fantastic news... Multiply probably ranks as one of my favourite albums ever.

Anyone know what's up with the live DVD? I was pretty excited about that but i haven't heard anything about it in a year. I hope it's still coming.

Guest margaret thatcher

Shrrrly, you're being just slightly premature. What if, I don't know, BoC go drill 'n' bass or summat? It could be the best music noise ever.

Or not.

multiply is my favourite album of the 21st century, without question. so many memories.....

Guest margaret thatcher

actually.....yes, it probably is. i think it's 50/50. can't see gonzalez there though, unless i actually am retarded.

• 2 weeks later...
Jamie Lidell - Jim

April 28th 2008

Jamie Lidell will release his new album Jim on 28th April 2008 (29th April in N. America).

We're hyped, and we hope you are too. Much more to follow soon, but for now there's the tracklisting and a video of Jamie & co. rehearsing the live version of a new song.

Jim Tracklisting:

1.Another Day

2. Wait For Me

3. Out Of My System

4. All I Wanna Do

5. Little Bit of Feel Good

6. Figured Me Out

7. Hurricane

8. Green Light

9. Where D'You Go

10. Rope Of Sand

Guest burnibus

To be honest, Multiply was great but this sounds like more of the same. although ive only heard one track so can't say yet but im hoping for more experimentation as thats what he excels at.

Seeing him live jamming out sick Lip techno is what he is all about, and where he is at his best. we shall see though, the next jamiroquai? lets hope not

Guest Romhotep

Definitely have to pick this up at some point; wish I wasn't at work so I could watch that clip. Never noticed it linked to before on the WARP site, guess that's what I get for skimming too fast sometimes.

This reminds of something I've always been wondering, though: how's his first album on WARP, I've never actually gotten around to checking it out.

• 1 month later...

I have a friend who pirates albums illegally and he said that this album was pretty damned great.

Oh and re: the first album, I think it's one of the most next level sounding albums that warp ever put out. its fucking crazy electronic music done in a way where the energetic nature of it hasn't been matched yet. there's absolutely no guarantee that you'll like it if you like his normal song stuff, and you probably won't even like it the first time you hear it (I didn't). But if you give it some time and have the potential to be into what the music is doing (ie you don't have a solid opinion on it being annoying), there's a lot of stuff on the album to get psyched on.

Guest bitroast
beck's band? isn't that mocky on the wurlitzer...?

beck's keyboardist, brian lebarton, is in there. dunno about the others.

• 1 month later...
Guest blutac

why isn't this thread like 12 pages long is there another one I can't find?? Someone PM me a torrent link, already bought the single which I'm loving long time...

lidell gigs are wall to wall thick with oozing wet vagina

mine was full of alt-indie guys with angled haircuts, I feel cheated.

Guest burnibus
why isn't this thread like 12 pages long is there another one I can't find?? Someone PM me a torrent link, already bought the single which I'm loving long time...

because he now sounds like Jay Kay, singing about nothing interesting. this album is pish. jamie lidell was a big influence on me but this is the last straw.

Archived