IGNORED

Now Reading

Guest The Vidiot

last xmas kaen recommended 'only forward' by michael marshall smith as his favourite book of all time so i got it for my brother - he lent it to me today and said it's one of his favourtie books of all time. really enjoying it so far. also reading 'finland, cultural lone wolf' so i can be boorish and nationalistic when drinking.

im stoked about this :D

i'm reading mao II by don delillo. well written at times but the dialogue is really weird. i'm not liking his style very much although he seems to be a sort of thematic cousin of william gibson.

there was that bit where they're all sitting at a table at the author's house and him and his assistant get in an argument. haha, i enjoyed that bit

do yourself a favor and burn it instead

lol, why's that? I've heard negative and positive things about it. I had already planned to read it over break, then had it recommended to me by a super conservative libertarian ex-professor of mine during a debate over national health-care. It seems a lot of people either love it or hate it.

i hate it. i also hate girls who love it. it's a dealbreaker for me, if a girl has any ayn rand on her bookshelf and takes it seriously, i'm done.

i'm sure your girlfriend is lovely though

Guest leprechaun

Roughing It - Mark Twain. My mom was cleaning off some of her bookshelves not too long ago; I found a Mark Twain collection (circa 1915) in pretty good condition that belonged to my grandmother in the trash pile. To think she was going to throw them out! I rescued them and am slowly reading each book in the collection.

Guest margaret thatcher

just finished:

mark e smith - renegade. rambling arsehole but quite funny, he comes across a lot more intelligibly on paper than on record.

armando iannucci - the audacity of hype. not as funny as i had hoped. runs out of ideas at about the halfway stage.

f scott fitzgerald - the great gatsby. finally got round to reading it, yeah it's a classic, some great one liners in there...."i've been drunk for about a week now, and i thought it might sober me up to sit in a library".

tony wilson - 24 hour party people. he comes across as a bit of an arsehole too, but frankly i didn't really care. quite interesting reading, but i think i knew most of the stuff in there, and he tells the reader to "read more books" when he's rambling on about situationism, but still quite a good read.

and i'm currently reading clement freud's most recent posthumous book, "a feast of freud", which is hilarious so far. intelligent grumpy bastard.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ron Manager

Naked Lunch by burroughs

I read this recently. Mixed thoughts. It was interesting at times but then at other points I just thought it was inane drivel.

The Man In The High Castle by Phillip K. Dick

Etymologiae of Isidore