just finished: all of kurt vonnegut's books

just started: all of carlos castaneda's books

always reading: the holy bible

Edited by tht tne

vonnegut is so good.

just finished

zombiesurvivalguide.jpg

it was shit

just starting the magus by john fowles, which i have heard very good things about

just started: all of carlos castaneda's books

nice! I had just biked in to say I'd had second thoughts about Satyricon since I already know how it ends, so I've picked up Journey to Ixtlan instead (never read any Castaneda before)

Guest viscosity

Midnights Children

and this essay http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0403/is_4_47/ai_91653350/

have a presentation on it tomorrow

and one on Volpone the next day

I am a huge Salman Rushdie fan and Midnight's Children is one of my favorite books. I havent read that other essay you linked so I am going to check it out.

What did you think of the book??

good luck on the presentation.

twas good, didn't connect with me as much as Molloy did this semester, but an interesting read none the lesser

presentation went well thanks :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ezkerraldean

Iain M Banks' Culture stuff, got the whole lot, currently on Use of Weapons and still have Player of Games and Look to Windward to go.

fucking amazing

Haruki Murakami - Norwegian Wood (german: Naokos Lächeln)

I dont like judging over his books whether I liked them or not, he just has the possibility to write stuff that stays.

Still I think his more fictional stuff fits him better.

i really want to get a nice old copy of olaf stapledon's last and first men

I have a pretty nice one....

you said you didn't like The Zombie Survival Guide, have you read WWZ?

much much much better.....

when I am done reading Moonchild, was thinking of reading some Stapledon, probably Odd John and Sirius, maybe all four of his famous short novels though since I haven't finished any of them...

I need more James Stephens and Flann O'Brien.....

track me some of that down in your neck of the woods....

I am currently reading

rumo.jpg

the 2nd time :wub:

:wub:

I´ve just read the 13 1/2 adventures of captain bluebear and the city of dreaming books, never would´ve thought hes such a great writer.

A love those books too!

Just finished Do androids dream of electronic sheep. Wow, great stuff. I always wondered if it was as good as Blade runner lol. I guess it is.

Guest Funktion

i finished kafka on the shore by murakami today, it was a bit like 'lost' in that i couldnt follow where it was going or why and then it ended.

read 'A supposedly fun thing...' right after but don't want to go through DFW's work too quickly.

I read this recently, really really enjoyable!

Also Carl Sagan's Cosmos, The Forever War - J Haldeman, Men and Cartoons - Jonathan Lethem.

Currently reading Fortress of Solitude by J Lethem and Forever Peace. And dabbling with DFW Oblivion. (have a lot of spare time at the moment :whistling: )

Want to get my hands on Chronic City but settled for those others..

After a couple of hard reads, I took an easy book. I'm half way into "Under the Dome". It's not really good.

As a non-fiction, Going Faster! (helps me on my racing skills)

gf.jpg

Edited by Philip Glass

Soccernomics. It's kind of facile in its approach, and I don't think the authors so far have made a very good case for their thesis, but it's kind of interesting anyways. A light read before some heavy stuff which I need to read...

i finished kafka on the shore by murakami today, it was a bit like 'lost' in that i couldnt follow where it was going or why and then it ended.

The Wind Up Bird Chronicle by Murakami was really great. Reminded me a bit of Paranoia Agent for some reason, intricatly interwoven stories, linking a wide range of characters an drawing lines between WWII Japan and the present. Very good book, and just ordered his After Dark which will be my next venture.

After a couple of hard reads, I took an easy book. I'm half way into "Under the Dome". It's not really good.

I enjoyed that one, first one of his I read in ages, I probably wouldn't say it was really good either but it almost was. I then went on to read Cell which was so terrible I am surprised I finished it.

Reading Alice in wonderland and its ok.

Didn't see the movie with Depp and probably never will. Now that I've read through half of the book the trailer looks even more wrong.

Guest dese manz hatin

I've managed to read quite a lot in the last time as I had tons of free time on my hands, so i started The Reprieve (Jean-Paul Sartre) and The Dharma Bums (J. Kerouac) and before that Albert Camus, John Steinbeck (Grapes of Wrath) and some of the French poets like Buadelaire, Rimbaud...