IGNORED

Now Reading

Guest The Vidiot

road1.jpg

I think I'm too old for this, I can't wait to finish it so I can start something else (like my signed copy of Neuromancer, woop!).

Edited by tec

Seppo Heikinheimo - The electronic music of Karlheinz Stockhausen: studies on the esthetical and formal problems of its first phase

• 1 month later...
Guest disparaissant

the-name-of-the-wind.jpg

rereading this. i am not a fantasy fan at all, but i had pat rothfuss as a prof when i was in college. really funny nerdy type guy. and this book is phenomenal. i mean i am a bit biased being that he was a great professor but i mean here's what fuckin' ursula leguin said about this book:

It is a rare and great pleasure to find a fantasist writing not only with the kind of accuracy of language absolutely essential to fantasy-making, but with real music in the words as well. Wherever Pat Rothfuss goes with the big story that begins with The Name of the Wind, he’ll carry us with him as a good singer carries us through a song.

anyways, yeah. rereading it because the second book is due out in the next month or two. great stuff, i've never read a fantasy novel where the world didn't feel like something you'd read in a fantasy novel, which is why i've never actually liked fantasy at all. but he manages it.

Judge Holden eh? Best character ever

holdenn.jpg

Great novel, I love McCarthy.

I've just finished up Bend Sinister by Vladimir Nabokov. It was decent, funny and very sad. Although not really up to the standard of his later work.

In the past couple of weeks I've also read This Side of Paradise by F. Scott Fitzgerald which was as good as I expected, and I've just started re-reading Invisible Cities by Italo Calvino which is one of my favourite books. All this along with the poems of Nazim Hikmet and Gottfried Benn.

I bought myself a kindle for xmas.Im reading Chaucers Canterbury Tales in middle english.Also a book about Naturopathy and self healing as Im fasting from tomorrow til Thursday.

My most recent read of a book thats not been electronic was last week when I read,World War Z by Max Brooks and My Side of the Mountain by Jean Craighead George.I read the latter for the first time as a child and it inspired me to run away from home with nothing but my book,a jotter and a pencil.I returned home after three hours because my tummy said it was teatime.

just finished freedom by jonathan franzen. i liked pieces of the corrections, although his first two novels aren't very good. freedom was mostly boring, sort of attempting to be about "america now" and just coming off as overreaching. i guess if you're in your thirties and listen to a lot of npr this might be an amazing book, but after an eight year wait and so many accolades, i expected a lot more.

I got this recently and it's completely BADASS, I'm tempted to make it my life goal to see every film in it.

img-destroy-all-movies_154555262659.png?w=310&h=395

Edited by tec