IGNORED

Now Reading

Guest The Vidiot

about halfway into Slavoj Zisek's "Living in the End Times".....the guy is brilliant and an awesomely entertaining speaker, but this book is nothing but name-dropping it seems....i really want the man to elaborate more on his own ideas, not Lacan.

A Briefer History of time, I really liked the way he described the theorey and the people behind it. Interesting read.

Murakami, After Dark. I think this is his first book I have read that actually took place in the present (for me). Didnt like the chapters in Eri´s room, with the "camera-perspective", but the rest was solid.

Next: A Pale blue Dot. Really looking forward to this one, cause its at least 1/3 space-pictures :emotawesomepm9:

• 2 weeks later...

just finished "Close Range" by Annie Proulx. it's a collection of short stories, including the one that they made into brokeback mountain. they're all set in wyoming.

her writing is dark but very musical, and her details could tell the whole story on their own. a really nicely done group of stories. i am a huge fan of brokeback mountain, the film, and i thought the story was every bit as beautiful, impressive for how close and succinct it was. i recommend this collection to fans of the english language.

The Structural Transformation of the Public Sphere by Habermas

It's really dense and slow going but I'm enjoying it.

Edited by Yegg

Guest morphis2525

just finished "Close Range" by Annie Proulx. it's a collection of short stories, including the one that they made into brokeback mountain. they're all set in wyoming.

her writing is dark but very musical, and her details could tell the whole story on their own. a really nicely done group of stories. i am a huge fan of brokeback mountain, the film, and i thought the story was every bit as beautiful, impressive for how close and succinct it was. i recommend this collection to fans of the english language.

gonna have to check this out. have you ever read sherwood anderson? i feel he was possibly the best american short story writer yet.

my friend gave me her copy of the annotated Lolita because i've been on a bit of a Nabokov spree lately. i'd read Lolita before (even though Dan C's been holding my copy hostage for a couple of years) but the annotations and commentary shed a lot of light on some of the more obscure games and allusions Nabokov plays with.

i think there are very few novelists who can even come close to him, frankly.

gonna have to check this out. have you ever read sherwood anderson? i feel he was possibly the best american short story writer yet.

i have not! recommend a collection?

Conscience and its problems.an introduction to casuistry by kirk.

The velveteen rabbit by margery williams.

Just so stories by rudyard kipling.

Everything Vonnegut-related that I've read is excellent. Also read Slaughterhouse Five and Mother Night.

I'm currently on Galapagos, I love it.

I love him, such a talented writer.