IGNORED

Formant Potaton

Guest analogue wings

Guest analogue wings

I downloaded it the other day. (Edit: From Bleep. For Money)

Very funky.

Will definitely play out.

My fave is I Want To See You Naked.

took me a while to get used to it but what a truly ballin album. I love listening to Better place when im driving my car round. Cassini is great, reminds me of the music in this one game i used to play on DOS with trolls trollno4.gif and yoyos or someshit.

Guest Chogg

I am actually thoroughly unfamiliar with Cylob and this was the first one I got, about a month ago. From what I've read on these here forums it's not the best place to start. I like it anyway - a little cheesy at times, but who among us doesn't like a little cheese in our diet?

Cassini is a fave, as well as the last one (forget the title atm)

Guest Glass Plate

I hate all of you guys, because this album is almost the EXACT same thing as Trojan Fader Style, but not as good. almost all of the tracks are IN Trojan Fader, but better. He takes out those parts and makes full tracks that don't work as well IMO.

am I wrong on this? I'm pretty sure I'm not, I've listened to both many many times. (trojan fader many more times obviously)

I hate all of you guys, because this album is almost the EXACT same thing as Trojan Fader Style, but not as good. almost all of the tracks are IN Trojan Fader, but better. He takes out those parts and makes full tracks that don't work as well IMO.

am I wrong on this? I'm pretty sure I'm not, I've listened to both many many times. (trojan fader many more times obviously)

I think the problem is I rarely have an hour to sit and listen to a big glob of music at once, and rarely am I in the mood to do so. Plus no, I Want to See you Naked was the best musical release of 2007.

Guest bitroast
I hate all of you guys, because this album is almost the EXACT same thing as Trojan Fader Style, but not as good.

hmm. this album sounds really different to trojan fader style. i love both mind you. trojan fader style is crazier and has some absolutely awesome tunes and moments. formant potaton is just.. totally different (tho very good on a totally different level).

Guest Glass Plate

what are you TALKING ABOUT? some of the songs on formant potaton I know for sure are DIRECTLY from trojan fader style, and both use the exact same drum sounds /patches etc. I think of Formant Potaton as the version for the weak who aren't ready for the next level haha >:V

• 2 months later...
I downloaded it the other day. (Edit: From Bleep. For Money)

Very funky.

Will definitely play out.

My fave is I Want To See You Naked.

Same here (downloaded for money off Bleep to support Sir Cylob!). Thus bumping this thread for others who are yet to listen!

@ BCM - I aslo agree with you that it's one of Cylob's best albums to date, and How I will Die is awesome, as is I want to see you Naked, as is Brain in a Jar, as is the whole album. All round class!

Guest Kenneth172

It's a great album. Anyone who fails to see the progression in Cylob's style on this album obviously hasn't listened close enough to his stuff. Cylob obviously has a very unique style which is a bit like Marmite, you either love it or hate it.

Guest AOOproductions
It's a great album. Anyone who fails to see the progression in Cylob's style on this album obviously hasn't listened close enough to his stuff.

Agreed. I find the beauty of Cylob is that although he loves messin around on gear he always come to his electro/synthy gooey goodness. He knows his roots. And he keeps building on them, you just have to listen closely to the subtleties he has built up around the years.

Cylob obviously has a very unique style which is a bit like Marmite, you either love it or hate it.

And Lastly, yeah... you gotta be into his music in the first place. The thing I love about Cylob is that he sounds so cheesy and 80's retro and at times purposely unoriginal. But he really sounds like nothing else out there at the same time.

Guest Kenneth172
It's a great album. Anyone who fails to see the progression in Cylob's style on this album obviously hasn't listened close enough to his stuff.

Agreed. I find the beauty of Cylob is that although he loves messin around on gear he always come to his electro/synthy gooey goodness. He knows his roots. And he keeps building on them, you just have to listen closely to the subtleties he has built up around the years.

Cylob obviously has a very unique style which is a bit like Marmite, you either love it or hate it.

And Lastly, yeah... you gotta be into his music in the first place. The thing I love about Cylob is that he sounds so cheesy and 80's retro and at times purposely unoriginal. But he really sounds like nothing else out there at the same time.

Thank fook for that. Someone who agrees. :embrassed:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dirty Protest

I bought this and Rock the Trojan Fader when they come out from Bleep, then at the end of last year some fucker broke into my house and stole my computer. I got my hands on this again but begrudge trying to replace all the paid MP3's that I lost, so could someone pass RtTF on to me please and let me know if anyones selling a cheap green Alienware, cause its probably mine.

I bought this and Rock the Trojan Fader when they come out from Bleep, then at the end of last year some fucker broke into my house and stole my computer. I got my hands on this again but begrudge trying to replace all the paid MP3's that I lost, so could someone pass RtTF on to me please and let me know if anyones selling a cheap green Alienware, cause its probably mine.

Off topic I know, but broke into your house, stole your computer.....well harsh!

Welcome to Bethnal Green, I guess! :cry:

Guest Dirty Protest

That was in Bow, theyre much more civilized up here :omg: . I moved house about 4 days later, the timing was shit, another week and it was someone elses problem.

Ive been broken into 3 time in London, twice in Hoxton. First time was the worst, I didnt have a bank account so I kept my cash in a drawer and i'ld just got weed for me and my friends, about £700 and about 2.5oz lost.I hope to fuck they took the rest of the night off and didnt bother any other cunt.

Archived