IGNORED

Meow Step

perunamuusi

i started making a few tracks to submit for the Fu CD002 Black Holes

here's one i won't be submitting cause it isnt very black holey

meow_step_PP_mix.mp3

by far best acid song on YLC at the moment, and thats really saying something because as far as i can tell 9 out of every 10 tracks these days on YLC is acid.

Guest lullezucht

Some parts ares quite Aphexy which makes it automatically black hole material. The lower acid lines in the middle were maybe a bit too loud in the mix. The ending could've used some variation. It felt a bit weak and obsolete to these ears.

cheers chaps

tbh i didnt really get a chanc to do what i wanted to do with it cause my favourite delay device went on the fritz so i had to stop working on it at the point you find it at....

i did this one next

title: FUZZY PUMPER

length: 3:27

genre: homoerotic post acid dreampop

equipment used: tiny roland, fr revolution, SY22, Mr Warm, PC

meow... this is the only acid track i've listened to from beginning to end in a long while... i like the way you used your space and your warm and creamy pads. each transition is unpredictable and dripping with emotion.

fuzz... i really like the first transition but it slowly became too traditional for me... I finished listening to it so that must mean it's good because I can't stand acid anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
meow... this is the only acid track i've listened to from beginning to end in a long while... i like the way you used your space and your warm and creamy pads. each transition is unpredictable and dripping with emotion.

fuzz... i really like the first transition but it slowly became too traditional for me... I finished listening to it so that must mean it's good because I can't stand acid anymore.

cheers goffer... i keep meaning to redo fuzz pumpy but never get round to it

i wish i could find this one track, i used a bunch of recordings of dishes and drawers in the kitchen, and it sounds just like the percussion in this

edit: i wish this didnt have the slomo acid line, i like the chords, and maybe if you pitch bent them slightly, kind of how you do at the end of the phrases on the bendy synth

my mind barely accepts acid these days, but this one it likes!!! great sense of space, acid with atmosphere... and not over the top with the acid line which i like..... i wish the bass in the middle was a little less loud, thats my only complaint.

overall production is great here too. and the song has a great mood.

Archived