IGNORED

Jazz Combo arranging Alberto Balsam

dr lopez

I am arranging Alberto Balsam for my jazz combo to play at a competition next year, and would love anyone's thoughts as to what i should include in the arrangement. I'm giving it a mellow samba latin feel for the drums, but I've been thinking about putting the bridge in 5/4. Is this a good idea?

For the chord progression, I've concluded that it's pretty much just a B flat Mixo scale, followed by a short G minor measure every four measures. G minor is essentially B flat mixo anyway, so it's just one scale, which is good for soloing on. Should I include a key change? haven't decided yet.

The combo will most likely be drums, upright bass, trombone, trumpet, and possibly alto sax. Suggestions on how I should divide up the parts and melody?

Please let me know what you think.

Guest Susan Midriff

Here's a recording of my band playing it, theres a flanger or chorus on the recorder, so sorry for the bad quality, and for my mediocre guitar playing

Alberto

Guest Kenneth172
Here's a recording of my band playing it, theres a flanger or chorus on the recorder, so sorry for the bad quality, and for my mediocre guitar playing

Alberto

I liked that Susan. :)

Guest AOOproductions

sounds really cool, and it also sounds like you know what your doing. Are you gonna record it? or just play it live? please post if you get an MP3!

Guest Caustic

still nobody covering Arched Maid? damn.

pretty much butchered the song

dear god they must be stopped...

I have the whole performance. Here's a list of tracks they butcherized.

Ptolemy

Acrid Jam Shred

Pulsewidth

Heliosphan

Alberto

PWSTeal

Milkman

and Aegispolis

death threats on demand.

Alberto

that sounds awesome. great drummer! and i really like the part about 3/4 of the way through where the guitar playing goes really nice and shoegazey hehe. i'm actually inspired to do a cover of alberto balsalm too, maybe in the style of isis or something.

still nobody covering Arched Maid? damn.

i'm working on it, i really am.

Guest Caustic
the synthesizer sounds shit

oh fuck the milkman cover... LOL

sounds like he bought it out of Poundstretchers or some shit.

£2 keyboard, like.

Guest Susan Midriff

Arched Maid Via RDJ

I can play that shit! it's a fun song to jam to, though its meant for more than one lead instrument, but its perfect for a guitar/bass/drum setup, the drummer can really get creative with that song.

i always wanted to record that too, maybe i should

Guest Vegeta897

You people fucking suck. I thought that rock cover was awesome.

You're either pretentious aphex-loving fucks or have hearing problems.

I guess they didn't use enough random fucking noises.

This is why I hate watmm.

They had the balls to attempt it, and they had the skill to do a fully live performance. It's fucking Aphex love. Do you fucking not enjoy aphex melodies when they're played on anything other than an ms20 or what-the-fuck-ever?

Guest Caustic
You people fucking suck. I thought that rock cover was awesome.

You're either pretentious aphex-loving fucks or have hearing problems.

I guess they didn't use enough random fucking noises.

This is why I hate watmm.

They had the balls to attempt it, and they had the skill to do a fully live performance. It's fucking Aphex love. Do you fucking not enjoy aphex melodies when they're played on anything other than an ms20 or what-the-fuck-ever?

jpzk7b.jpg

FUCK U WATTMM

Archived