IGNORED

Synecdoche, New York

Squee

Guest Franklin

ya what's the deal about Snynecdoche and the oscars? are they up for 2009 oscars or did the movie just not get any nods in '08?

yes zaphod.... agree with you on that scene. also the scene when the daughter is dying and tells him about the chick (maria or something) who gave her the tattoo (when she was so young) and "taught her everything about her body and love and sex" etc and psh was like... you were with Maria (or whatever he name is)??

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Franklin
ok i'm gonna see it now, but if it demolishes my mental health I'll hold you responsible.

don't worry about it man you'll be fine. counseling is probably cheap in asia anyway;)

Guest Mirezzi

I'm gonna watch this soon on the Blu-rays. If it sucks, I'm just gonna shut the fuck up and cry myself to sleep rather than stare down the WATMM monolith. Hell, even Zaphod likes it. *gasp*

I saw Kaufman on Colbert and I have to admit, he was so gracious and smiley, it made it hard not to like him. I would have never expected him to be that way...

I'm gonna watch this soon on the Blu-rays. If it sucks, I'm just gonna shut the fuck up and cry myself to sleep rather than stare down the WATMM monolith. Hell, even Zaphod likes it. *gasp*

I saw Kaufman on Colbert and I have to admit, he was so gracious and smiley, it made it hard not to like him. I would have never expected him to be that way...

Gotta love him.

Guest Mr Salads

I wish Id seen it in theatres. But honestly...it got absolutely no fucking buzz out there. Nobody said a thing that made me go, hrrrm?? Hopefully it finds a nice life on dvd..

You won't like it.

yeah, mirezzi is going to hate this, i can already tell.

well if remember correctly you really disliked kaufmann's past movies, no?

I personally felt this was his weakest film since Human Nature, it had the concept and story of a very awesome amazing film but i felt that it wasn't carried all the way through to live up the potential. also the old people makeup was very hard for me to take seriously, it was some of the most frequent use of old people makeup i have ever seen in 'serious' film. I do intend on seeing it again soon though.

Guest Mirezzi

Man, fuck you guys. I'm not that predictable.

Although...................lol, if it's not better than Adaptation, Being John Malkovich, and Eternal Sunshine, then you are probably right...I will decidedly not like it.

Man, fuck you guys. I'm not that predictable.

Although...................lol, if it's not better than Adaptation, Being John Malkovich, and Eternal Sunshine, then you are probably right...I will decidedly not like it.

but remember i loved LAdy in the water & Unbreakable....

Guest Mirezzi
but remember i loved LAdy in the water & Unbreakable....

So did one of my former professors....... :cry:. Oh, I liked Unbreakable enough, but I've only watched it once and probably won't again.

There's some small part of me that liked LITW it, too, probably...especially if I was forced to compare it to other Shamaalallalalayeyan films.

i was planning on seeing this in theatres but since then i haven't even bothered trying to pirate it. really do want to see it and it seems most of watmm likes it but their opinions are almost useless.

Unbreakable is a fantastic film.

I consider M Night a one hit wonder, and it's that film, not Sixth Sense.

Mainly because the "twist" is ancilliary, not the whole fucking point of the film.

Guest Mirezzi

I didn't hate it, but it was another two hours of non-sequitur, free association Kaufmanism. It had more intellectual gobbledygook than Adaptation but was only half as engaging.

If you cracked open the head of a shitty playwright caught in a mid-life crisis and were somehow able to transcribe all his petty experiences into a script and then somehow managed to hire Charlie Kaufman to direct it, you'd have this film.

That's not necessarily the formula for a bad film, but it's not one I'd like to watch more than half of once.

At sixty minutes, I was still waiting for cinema. At ninety minutes, I knew my hopes were fading and futile.

"DIE."

(Zaphod - are you fucking with me? What, the first thirty times you saw PSH cry in this weren't enough? It was the thirty-first time that really "got you"?)

$10 says at least two of you are conspiring to fuck with me.

tinfoil_hat.jpg

P.S. - I don't do drugs.

Guest Mirezzi

I'm envious. Oh well, thanks for the recommendation, everyone.

You're fired.

Zaphod, Salads, pack your things, I'm sending you to Atop's summer camp.

fairday08icon.jpg

Guest Mirezzi

Some douche bag just said this to me:

This is the ultimate Kaufman. It works brilliantly. I love the particular way he eschews the narrative for affect in the film.

you were told you wouldn't like it

No, wait, fuck that, I'm kidding!

Here, lemme try again...

Wow. What a head fuck. This was an explosion of art and language, the definitive micro-macro-micro-cosm of our senseless lives. I'm gonna have to think on this one because my head is spinning.

Truly beautiful. Epic even.

Archived