IGNORED

Synecdoche, New York

Squee

I love the part where he has a seizure, calls 911, and screams for help and the person on the other end of the phone calls out for him by saying, "Ma'am?"

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

hahahah yah that scene gotta a lot of laughs when I watched for the second time at my friends house, that and the SHES FUCKING FOUR YEARS OLD part where probably the funniest parts I can remember right now

I love the part where he has a seizure, calls 911, and screams for help and the person on the other end of the phone calls out for him by saying, "Ma'am?"

That seemed to be a theme along with the old woman waiting outside the flat he cleans and says "You're very welcome young lady". Anyway cracking film, saw it at the cinema last night - Not sure if I liked it as much as some of Kaufman's other works (I'm yet to find a film that touches my heart as much as Eternal Sunshine) but it was a stunning watch. Can't wait to rewatch it again when it's released on Bluray or Dvd

this movie reminded me a lot of Sirens of titan the book in a weird overarching way some of Cat's Cradle too anybody else feel the similarity?

the ending in particular reminded me of Sirens of titan where the protagonist dies peacefully and is instructed by someone else to do it

• 1 month later...

I think Im the only person that doesn't really find this depressing. Happiness, another PSH film, thats depressing.

I notice that it would be hard to soak in everything in this film if you were watching in a theater or straight through with no pause. Like when he passes the note to his wife "You think you might be gay" you would have to pause this scene to read that note. Other subtle things like reading headlines in magazines he's reading. Also, lots of mumbling in the film so you have to rewind a bit to catch phrases. All in all I love this film. So surreal and funny. Depressing a little but not to the extent Ive heard from others. My sister had to turn it off.

The acting is amazing. I especially love the scene where Tom Noonan is at the casting call.

Guest Mr_Self_Destruct

I had to think a lot about this movie and it made me react... angrily.. If a movie makes me react strongly in any form then it's a good movie. I think this movie depressed me so much because I worry my life is going to end up like the PSH character's life. Anyway, I came away from this movie just feeling horrible. Emily Watson's tits... a saving grace.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i want to see this

finally saw this last night. and it was a struggle.

if the bit where he starts playing ellen and hearing stage direction wasnt so very close to the end I would have switched it off.

it had some great moments but overall wasn't a very enjoyable experience. i'm going to stew with it for a while and see how it sits.

• 1 month later...

Archived