IGNORED

animal collective - merriweather post pavilion

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

Guest nene multiple assgasms
it wasn't even ambient, lo-fi, indie, or beach boys enough for me either.

but yeah lol i like that you're being defensive about it.

actually I refuse to believe you didn't like this album at least on some level. it's impossible not to like this album.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hahahaha that's awesome. are you angry? i burned it to a cd so i could listen to it in my car while driving around at night, so i could come in here, write a review so you and everyone else on the dick can get defensive about it

everyone praises this band for being trippy and psychdelic. does anyone here actually listen to other music besides electronic music and indie? it's limp. it's deflated, everything sounds so effeminate and useless. it doesn't sound like a panic attack. it sounds like a little kid yelling at his mom.

here how about this. i'll give you this one concession to make you guys feel better about reading the review, something i failed to mention after my initial write-up was deleted:

the music itself is pretty awful, but without the vocals, it's something i wouldn't ridicule someone for giving it praise.

Guest nene multiple assgasms
everyone praises this band for being trippy and psychdelic. does anyone here actually listen to other music besides electronic music and indie?

tell me what music I should listen to so that I can realize I shouldn't like this band.

there's this afternoon news radio program in which every thursday they make a music recomendation, most of the time it's some sort of world music crap, today they recommended this album, the woman talking about the album couldn't hide the enormous levels of excitement this music caused her. it just surprised me how this music has touched people with very different levels of appreciation, it just gathers so much praise from every direction... can't wait for the backslash.

im actually tired of listening it so much, but I keep doing it, it's phenomenal.

Guest beatfanatic
i spend about an hour writing a really decent review of this album and somehow it got deleted. it was called "K.I.S.S: Keep It Simply Stupid"

i know you guys like this album so much and that's great. you have your own strong opinions on it, and i have different feelings about.

on one hand, I can see how this band is even a talking point among New Music Hipsters and nu-lo-fi lag-rock aficionados.

but for me, i expect just a little bit more from a band of more than one person than depressingly cute indie Beach Boys vocals over stoned cassette jam sessions. there is just too much good music out there that has already been released for me to add to the attention this trash is receiving. it deserves nothing more than its destiny as an album from a band no one will give a shit about in 2 years. and even then, that's a better fate than most of the bands releasing this cheap music today are receiving.

you've genuinely piqued my interested and boy is this a letdown. but i'm sure you won't let my opinion sway your own feelings about this album or this band.

i cant seem to get into them either . i would have really liked to read the whole review

lol @ page 5

well I've given this album a few decent listens (only one proper one) and so far I like it a lot. I've always liked Person Pitch most out of all AC related works, so this album was nice to my ears because it had a lot more Panda Bear presence throughout compared to Strawberry Jam (or anything else for that matter). So far I like where they're going.

what does that mean, when people talk about 'more Panda Bear'? is he the singer? or does he write songs in a certain way? what is the difference between him and whatever else is in the band?

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch
lol @ page 5

well I've given this album a few decent listens (only one proper one) and so far I like it a lot. I've always liked Person Pitch most out of all AC related works, so this album was nice to my ears because it had a lot more Panda Bear presence throughout compared to Strawberry Jam (or anything else for that matter). So far I like where they're going.

what does that mean, when people talk about 'more Panda Bear'? is he the singer? or does he write songs in a certain way? what is the difference between him and whatever else is in the band?

on a basic level there are two main song writers i think. panda bear and avey tare. avey writes more experimental songs i reckon, his last album (with her from mum) was simple guitar and piano songs and then they reversed the whole album. his songs for ac are more shouty and faster vocals. panda bear songs are slower and his voice is always covered in that heavy reverb. saying that i've never really read who wrote what song. just assuming that whose singing is the writer.

on the new album my guess for writing are:

in the flowers - panda although thats avey singing so i guess not

my girls - panda

also frightened - avey

summertime clothes - avey

daily routine - panda definetely. great track

bluish - avey - liking this song more and more

guys eyes - panda maybe

taste - avey

lion in a coma - avey

no more runnin -

brother sport - panda but only because he sings it. sounds more like an avey

way off i'm sure

personally i like the mix. its like lennon/mccartney without the egos

everyone praises this band for being trippy and psychdelic. does anyone here actually listen to other music besides electronic music and indie?

tell me what music I should listen to so that I can realize I shouldn't like this band.

theocide likes magma

lol @ page 5

on a basic level there are two main song writers i think. panda bear and avey tare. avey writes more experimental songs i reckon, his last album (with her from mum) was simple guitar and piano songs and then they reversed the whole album. his songs for ac are more shouty and faster vocals. panda bear songs are slower and his voice is always covered in that heavy reverb. saying that i've never really read who wrote what song. just assuming that whose singing is the writer.

on the new album my guess for writing are:

in the flowers - panda although thats avey singing so i guess not

my girls - panda

also frightened - avey

summertime clothes - avey

daily routine - panda definetely. great track

bluish - avey - liking this song more and more

guys eyes - panda maybe

taste - avey

lion in a coma - avey

no more runnin -

brother sport - panda but only because he sings it. sounds more like an avey

way off i'm sure

personally i like the mix. its like lennon/mccartney without the egos

that's helpful , thanks

i don't think i ever noticed it was two different people singing

seeing ac live helped me understand the band alot. i'd heard campfire songs and then sung tongs and then feels but my appreciation went up about 100% after seeing them live. it all made sense. then the next time i saw them they played all new material (this new album) and it made no sense

Guest bitroast

have you listened to the avey tare & kria brekkan album but at the original speed/reversed? it's actually pretty nice, but nothing more really. and then you listen to panda bear's young prayer. both this acoustic albums sound real similar to sung tongs, which made it kinda hard for me to work out whos behind what :P

Guest spraaaa

bro sport is addressed to panda's brother, pretty sure in the flowers was avey, I like the idea of them writing those for each other & switching off though, heh.

this is their pop album its not supposed to be psychedelic or any of that stupid bullshit catchphrases or whatever. regardless of all that its a great album and anyone that would willfully eat a dominos sandwich has demonstrated they have shit taste and has no room to critique anything

i've never listened to this band before. i've never listened to deerhunter or any other of these fad bands.

actually deerhunter is one of the best bands around now and if u werent a complete Angry Fatso caricature and could muster the balls to go see them live youd actually like them

Guest Glass Plate

Do you mean Domino as in the record label or the pizza place? I guess it works in either situation. That name is just tainted with shitty companies.

......and anyone that would willfully eat a dominos sandwich has demonstrated they have shit taste and has no room to critique anything

funniest thing i have read in this whole forum....

have you listened to the avey tare & kria brekkan album but at the original speed/reversed? it's actually pretty nice, but nothing more really.

i've listened to it alot that way yes and actually i think its more than just pretty nice. i liked it more than person pitch when i first got them both. these days i'm not sure which i prefer. guess it helps that i'm an huge old mum fan too.

i never got into 'young prayer', only heard it a few times and dismissed it. will give it another go.

i think i'm more a davey fan overall.

its a great album

aha. so now i see why theo hates it. i hate everything my brother listens to just on the fact that he likes it

it doesn't sound like a panic attack.

no the panic attack songs are on water curses and strawberry jam

overall i'm liking bluish ALOT. very catchy. the only songs that can get that "getting lost in your curls" line out of my head is brother sport and my girls

Here ya go:

Non-iTunes Verion of AC on NPR

finally got around to listening to it. very interesting interview. a keeper for sure.

loved it when they played genesis and it sounded just like #1 from SJ.

I really like that they don't have this pretentious aura of "Oh I'm an artist" about them. It seems like they're just having fun playing around, which really comes through in the music.

Now that I've been listening to MPP for almost two months, my final take on it is that it's their best album as far as being a whole album. As a cohesive whole, it works thematically and flows much better than their other works. However, as for individual favorite tracks, I still like their other albums better.

This also seems to be their most accessible. I've given copies to several people who then really enjoyed it. I imagine that if I gave them copies of Strawberry Jam or Feels instead their impressions wouldn't be immediately as favorable.

i thought sung tongs hung together pretty well as an album. i agree with everything else you said though.

my wife isnt so keen but sometimes she start singing "open up your open up your open up your" etc

lion in a coma really isnt very good

no more runnin pops into my mind when i'm on the treadmill

Archived