IGNORED

animal collective - merriweather post pavilion

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

Guest Glass Plate

I think it's just a few people trying to make this thread as long as they can now, it's a little silly. (because they are so sure that AC > AFX) :P

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Benedict Cumberbatch
so you mean to say you didnt like water curses?

:undecided:

Eh, I never heard the album, aside from the track itself. And I didn't much care for it.

it was an ep. my point was that strawberry jam was the last ac album.

Guest Deep Fried Everything

hmmmm, i think i'm beginning to understand.

haven't really paid too much attention to lyrical content yet (i rarely do), but the song "my girls" is pretty fantastic. i can't wait to get my new amp tomorrow to play some of this album in proper stereo.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch
Weird, I've always hated Animal Collective but this is actually very good. My Girls is epic.

this is the kind of fan this album is going to bring in. hopefully the next album will scare them off again

Weird, I've always hated Animal Collective but this is actually very good. My Girls is epic.

this is the kind of fan this album is going to bring in. hopefully the next album will scare them off again

wow that's an incredibly pretentious thing to say

• 2 weeks later...

I've had this album for about 1-2 months now, and I haven't gotten past Bluish. I love the sequence from "in the flowers" to "daily routine", but after that, it just seems to wear on my ears, like it's a chore listening to it.

I dunno, maybe I need more time. This is my first AC album, btw.

The first half is the best, then it gets pretty slow, then it gets fuckawesome in the last track.

Next time, right after bluish skip to Brothersport.

I feel like we disagree 100% of the time just based off reading your posts.

Guys Eyes is one of the best songs on the album, and you skip it?

• 3 years later...

Okay, several years later, have people stopped hating Lion in a Coma? That track is awesome. This album is awesome. I seriously disagreed at the time and now still that this is a 'pop' record...but I have to say I saw a commercial on tv some months ago that had some sort of twee-psychedelic fish and dense noisy happy melodic music with chanty vocals, probably advertising coca-cola or something.

Archived