IGNORED

i'm leaving WATMM

kokoon

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Iain C

I want to download the new DLC!

I think maybe I should do it. But my character's level 26 I think, and I'm not sure if there's any real challenge left.

Guest philia

finished point lookout, it was really good. there was 1 sequence in particular that was incredible, probably one of the best parts of the entire game

Guest philia
by the way, if anyone likes the mutated "hillfolk" in Point Lookout, that was us :)

some looked like sloth from goonies :sorcerer:

• 1 month later...
Guest JohnTqs

this game is so hard that i can't get into it. seriously just getting into that museum in the beginning took me an hour, then inside took me at least 2.

i want to get this for the PS3 SO fucking bad, but i hear that they are planning on releasing a game of the year edition....so i have to wait ....

i heard its like elder scrolls except without a dumb fucking Oblivion world and with cool ass guns.

i want to get this for the PS3 SO fucking bad, but i hear that they are planning on releasing a game of the year edition....so i have to wait ....

i heard its like elder scrolls except without a dumb fucking Oblivion world and with cool ass guns.

holy shit lumpenprol I didn't know you were working on the fallout 3 dlc!

That must be a fucking fantastic job, and I haven't played past the Pitt yet but I'm working my way through and hopefully be blowing limbs off of those mutated freaks you worked on soon enough.

Guest analogue wings

it's like oblivion with a fallout skin. if you've played the old fallout games you'll have major deja vu of both franchies

That must be a fucking fantastic job, and I haven't played past the Pitt yet but I'm working my way through and hopefully be blowing limbs off of those mutated freaks you worked on soon enough.

thanks, yeah for me it was the culmination of my career in games so far, considering the original fallout games were what sparked my interest in the first place. It's not just the DLC, we did a ton of work on the main game. We did most of the clothing, most of the statues, several creatures, several guns, several robots...here's a partial list: robobrain, sentry bot, floating eyebot, mirelurk king, FEV victim (dead creature in vault where you meet fawkes), centaur, railway rifle, shishkebab, mesmetron, gatling, laser gatling, plasma pistol, p-51 mustang, plane on the deck of the aircraft carrier, lincoln statue, thomas jefferson statue, etc. Basically much of the stuff that isn't level design; it was a huge project for us.

thanks, yeah for me it was the culmination of my career in games so far, considering the original fallout games were what sparked my interest in the first place. It's not just the DLC, we did a ton of work on the main game. We did most of the clothing, most of the statues, several creatures, several guns, several robots...here's a partial list: robobrain, sentry bot, floating eyebot, mirelurk king, FEV victim (dead creature in vault where you meet fawkes), centaur, railway rifle, shishkebab, mesmetron, gatling, laser gatling, plasma pistol, p-51 mustang, plane on the deck of the aircraft carrier, lincoln statue, thomas jefferson statue, etc. Basically much of the stuff that isn't level design; it was a huge project for us.

Woah that is a hell of a privelage!

My cousin is in the game industry out in BC and has worked on a few titles but he mostly does coding/engine adaptation, but the 3D modelling and art-oriented aspects of the game must be fun as fuck to work on.

If you were here I would give you a congratulatory blowjob

• 5 months later...

The next big Fallout game, Fallout: New Vegas will be out for PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 this fall, publisher Bethesda Softworks announced today. A new trailer accompanied the news, which raises questions about Bethesda's other projects.

Fallout New Vegas was announced by Bethesda last year. The game is being developed by Obsidian Entertainment, a studio comprised of many developers who worked on earlier Fallout games.

There's little we know yet about the plot of the new game. The trailer only sets the mood, depicting Las Vegas at night and ending with the line familiar to Fallout players: "War never changes." The Fallout universe is set in the future, in a post-apocalyptic United States.

Notable in this trailer is the appearance of a man in armor with a flag from California. While Fallout 3 took place in and around Washington, D.C., the classic PC Fallout games took place on the West Coast.

The trailer does not reveal anything about the gameplay, though Bethesda's head of marketing and communications, Pete Hines, told Kotaku last year that New Vegas would be a role-playing game experience. That fits with the expertise of Obsidian Entertainment, which has recently made major role-playing games such as Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II and the forthcoming espionage RPG Alpha Protocol. Last April, Hines said the game was not technically a sequel to Fallout 3 but should be seen as another story in the Fallout universe.

Fallout: New Vegas is not being made by Bethesda's in-house team, led by designer Todd Howard. That group, which has worked on one big game at a time, from Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion in 2006 to Fallout 3 in 2008 appeared to be on an every-other-year pace for game releases. The Fallout: New Vegas announcement, however, would appear to leave Bethesda less room to launch a second major game in the fall, something the company hasn't done before.

Archived