IGNORED

Recording from a computer into a 4-track

oyster

sorry another 4-track question

I tried googling this but I got a lot of results for recording a tape into a computer, not anything helpful for running a computer into a 4-track.

So basically I want to use Fl studio as a drum machine and run the percussion from there into my 4-track as an input. I've tried several different things but nothing is working.

help please?

to be exact I have a tascam 4-track mk11 and a windows XP

i dont see how you can go too far wrong here unless your inputs are fucked on your 4track

do you know it works for sure?

just connect from your audio out socket to track 1 (or 1+2 if you want it in stereo) and wack your fader/s up and bingo.... surely???

is the tape normal, chrome or metal? you might have to adjust the bias, the only way to be sure is to submerge it in an ammonia solution... a simple way of achieving the same results without ammonia would be to put the tape in a bucket and piss on it. if the reels seize up it's normal, chrome is probably ok, but the metal ones are only really meant for recording sub and trans-sonic wavelengths

just keep jamming stuff in the mains sockets until you cant hear the feedback any more

Okay you guys I'm not insinuating you don't know what you're talking about but I put the water on the tape heads and some sand in the input jacks which weren't working but it's not helping, I turned it on but it made a loud feedback noise and shut back off...

These guys are fucking clueless, dry dirt (or wet-ish mud will do if it's clay-like) from your garden is the best way to sort the inputs... you could use modelling clay but it costs.

Archived