IGNORED

best tracks with autotune

SR4

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Coalbucket PI

I was listening to Strange And Beautiful by Aqualung and I think he sounds autotuned on that one, which is odd, im sure he can sing

Guest Lady kakapo

Roy Vedas - Fragments of Life.

This is the original autotune track from '98 or there abouts, predating cher.

I think it was actually a fairly big chart hit in Europe, but did nothing in the UK or States. Well worth checking out anyway, probably not what you're expecting.

edit: youtube added

Guest Soothsayer

I'm with the autotune ban, the fact rappers are starting to use this as an end in itself(want to be singers-->can't sing--->this is the next best thing). The hook on the "Pop Champagne" song is about the worst I've heard.

With that said, I like most T-Pain songs. I *really* liked that "Bartender" song he did w/Akon, actually.

Guest Soothsayer

Yeah, pretty sure Daft Punk aren't autotune, but Vocodor stuff.

Watmm needs to have a remix competition of Cher's "Believe".

I'm with the autotune ban, the fact rappers are starting to use this as an end in itself(want to be singers-->can't sing--->this is the next best thing). The hook on the "Pop Champagne" song is about the worst I've heard.

With that said, I like most T-Pain songs. I *really* liked that "Bartender" song he did w/Akon, actually.

me too. i think that and 'Buy U a Drank (Shorty Snappin)' or whatever are great :)

Guest Soothsayer

T-Pain seems like the only one of those dudes fucking with Autotune that understands a) How to use it as a lead(an example: on the Rick Ross song "The Boss", when he laughs, it's not the only song he uses that effect, too), and b) How to use it in a way where it's not intrusive(a bunch of his more recent singles barely even modulate between tones in a single word, which is probably the biggest reason most of these dudes even use autotune to begin with).

For the record, I cannot stand how Kanye or Wayne uses autotune, esp. Wayne. That dude's voice was fuckin' garbled enough and unique enough to begin with.

Archived