IGNORED

best tracks with autotune

SR4

The new Kayne album.

(it's so all-over, but on purpose? I cannot tell. The 808 are on purpose of course)

I heard the autotune is suppose to embody heartbreak.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, pretty sure Daft Punk aren't autotune, but Vocodor stuff.

Watmm needs to have a remix competition of Cher's "Believe".

Yes they use talk-box (mostly sampled from other people's hard work) and yes they use vocoders but a significant amount of their vocal sampling is autotuned to hell.

i know for a fact they use it because somebody from the 'band' called Antares for tech support while i worked there

i have no idea if it's audiotune, but does lil wayne's "lollipop" count!?@

seeing as this is me, i have to babble: jesus horatio christ impaled on john travolta putting his private jet to good use: i have to get into the music industry.

i have no skills, no pedigree, no reason to warrant my supreme ego, but like, holy shit i could do things on that stage.

think KLF +intelligence 37 - aphex twin jockiding + ghetto american realness: i'd take over the world.

isn't autotune technically pitchbending?

but it has a distinctive sound. it seems to lack smooth curves.

it has the ability to sound almost completely transparent, with semi-natural sounding bends and vibrato, etc. but the times that you do notice it, it's on an extreme setting. i'm pretty sure 90% of pop music these days uses autotune, even if it doesn't sound obvious.

I don't even know how to sing in key. Whenever I do a song with singing I just lay down bass/chords/ all other stuff in one key but when I go about recording the vocals I just mumble a half-assed melody. lol.

it has the ability to sound almost completely transparent, with semi-natural sounding bends and vibrato, etc. but the times that you do notice it, it's on an extreme setting. i'm pretty sure 90% of pop music these days uses autotune, even if it doesn't sound obvious.

yea i thought that might be the case.. that the extreme settings are used as an effect. that's electronic music for ye

yea i thought that might be the case.. that the extreme settings are used as an effect. that's electronic music for ye

Cher's producer was the one to make this overdriven autotune thing popular... has anyone heard any examples of it from before that song? Seems like something that could be like the text-to-speech thing, was done by people like Cylob a bajillion years ago, but then made popular by people like Benny Benassi or whatever his name was.

Cher's producer was the one to make this overdriven autotune thing popular... has anyone heard any examples of it from before that song?

Read my earlier post ya cunt.

do people really think burial uses autotune? it's just pitchbending dudes

its not dudes, its autotune i can recognize it a mile away. yes face this fact i know it does make his music slightly less cool

Cher's producer was the one to make this overdriven autotune thing popular... has anyone heard any examples of it from before that song?

Read my earlier post ya cunt.

Aphex Twin used it on 'funny little man' on come to daddy way before Cher used it but he used it imo tastefully and creatively

i think you should check out the plugin autotune in operation. you can go from 100% robot voice monotone to like almost totally undetectable pitch bending. like others said it can be used transparently if done with skill but Burial is clearly using it for that robotic effect on his tracks, i dont see why this is so hard to believe. Autotune is very common place in music these days, especially electronic

i'm pretty sure 90% of pop music these days uses autotune, even if it doesn't sound obvious.

you are absolutely correct on this, most alternative rock and pop punk i hear with no electronic elements sound noticably autotuned. Sometimes they turn it up to high on band music and it sounds weird. Sorry about inserting myself so much into this thread its just i have a special relationship with the plugin because i used to work for the 7 employee company that created it

Ween - Spirit Walker

The current "let's throw autotuner on absolutely everything" trend is rather grotesque. It just sounds comical 99% of the time. Extreme autotuned vox = biggest pop music cliche of the 00's (what else do we call this decade?)

Ween - Spirit Walker

The current "let's throw autotuner on absolutely everything" trend is rather grotesque. It just sounds comical 99% of the time. Extreme autotuned vox = biggest pop music cliche of the 00's (what else do we call this decade?)

i agree, it reminds me of other weird overdone trends like the one from the early 90s until 2000 where like 50% of

adult contemporary popular music had like a sampled breakbeat loop underneath the song the whole time. was not done in a hip hop style but just replacing the drums while all the other layers in the song were very normal

case in point

primitive radio gods 'phone booth'

it reminds me of other weird overdone trends like the one from the early 90s until 2000 where like 50% of

adult contemporary popular music had like a sampled breakbeat loop underneath the song the whole time. was not done in a hip hop style but just replacing the drums while all the other layers in the song were very normal

case in point

primitive radio gods 'phone booth'

I totally forgot about this song. I remember apprenticing at a studio in the 90's, and they did this very thing with one song. It was all your usual bass/guitar/vox with a drum loop thrown in underneath. I must say, I kind of miss the cheap fads of yesterday over the cheaper fads of today. It's refreshing to hear the imperfections in this guy's voice! Boring as hell though, hehe.

do people really think burial uses autotune? it's just pitchbending dudes

its not dudes, its autotune i can recognize it a mile away. yes face this fact i know it does make his music slightly less cool

well i've only heard the new album once (apart from a few tracks on the radio). just sounded like the pitch bend thing in sound forge to me but ok. i remain indifferent either way.

this is terrible, of course

but my sister was playing this, and I thought, autotune!

but is it? I'm not that good at telling yet, but it seems it might be a sneaky auto tune usage.

Archived