IGNORED

A real picture of Richards studio!

o00o

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest MajaIloveyou

I think some people might go to far wishing death upon him and trying to find his house, but there's nothing wrong in discussing a person you are interested in and wanting to know more about him/her. simple curiosity that brings you closer to the artist.

Fnasites are not weird, that's what they are for, to discuss everything about an artist, as simple as that.

analoggear.jpg

Oh yeah the gold 303 beotch! (what part of the warp webpage was that originally on?) And if you think about it the cover of some of the analords have some gear on them too. And the back of SAWII. And he did say that most of analord was sequenced with mc202. So hes not that private. I'm pretty sure as late he is more loose as a person, just not in a place where his spotlight can be capitalized. I mean, he did that goofy future music interview, and it sounded pretty frank to me.

really? Where di he say the mc-202 was his main sequencer?

Oh, and his wife's name is Chanel.. Creepy enough for you?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/atom4peace/252708920/

mc-202? i dont think so

i think you'll find its a MC-4 which did the sequencing.

RolandMC4.JPG

amazing how after 20 years in the biz, there aren't any studio pics whatsoever

Whadda bout this one that got posted here a little while back?DSCN1369.jpg

Original image poster here.

Its amazing people dismiss this photo.

1. Serge compatible Time Tunnel

2. Dual Latronics ( ok so there are some kicking about, but very rare )

3. In old Analord posts RDJ stressing importance of recording medium - 2 Nagras

4. Fenix , same with Latronics, about 75 ever made.

5. Banana Jacked modular 303 Devilfish - whoever has this set up is damned serious about his 303

6. Banana Jacked modular 606 - again, huge level of control over the 606 in use with the serge modular

Now, while I know how much some poeple spend on gear is mental, this system ( even excluding the unknown mods to the 303/606) comes to around;

8 Serge panels - around 2 grand each - £16000

Synton Fenix - recently sold for £5000

2 Nagras - about £2000

Latronic Nortons Mk2 - around £2600

Devilfished 303 - current price around £1600 but lets say £1000

Mods to 606 - cant tell, not sure which mods - £300

So just for this one section of studio comes to around £26900 if you were to buy them all today ( if you could even get hold of them ). And banana jack modular expansion to the 303 and 606 is a complete one off, I can only guess the extent of the mods ( could just be simple mods for cut off, glidde etc ) but looking at the work, i highly doubt it.

Whoever has this set up can afford £26900 on one aspect of their setup and is crazy over 303.

Obvious innit

amazing how after 20 years in the biz, there aren't any studio pics whatsoever

Whadda bout this one that got posted here a little while back?

Its amazing people dismiss this photo.

2. Dual Latronics ( ok so there are some kicking about, but very rare )

3. In old Analord posts RDJ stressing importance of recording medium - 2 Nagras

4. Fenix , same with Latronics, about 75 ever made.

5. Banana Jacked modular 303 Devilfish - whoever has this set up is damned serious about his 303

6. Banana Jacked modular 606 - again, huge level of control over the 606 in use with the serge modular

Now, while I know how much some poeple spend on gear is mental, this system ( even excluding the unknown mods to the 303/606) comes to around;

8 Serge panels - around 2 grand each - £16000

Synton Fenix - recently sold for £5000

2 Nagras - about £2000

Latronic Nortons Mk2 - around £2600

Devilfished 303 - current price around £1600 but lets say £1000

Mods to 606 - cant tell, not sure which mods - £300

So just for this one section of studio comes to around £26900 if you were to buy them all today ( if you could even get hold of them ). And banana jack modular expansion to the 303 and 606 is a complete one off, I can only guess the extent of the mods ( could just be simple mods for cut off, glidde etc ) but looking at the work, i highly doubt it.

Whoever has this set up can afford £26900 on one aspect of their setup and is crazy over 303.

Obvious innit

As I said before Mr RDJ would be on top of my shortlist of candidates, also the headphones are the same one's he's been seen DJing with.

If it his him I bet this is only a mere corner of his setup. I'd be very interested to see how his other synths (GX1, Memorymoog, VCS3, MS20 ect) and drum machines are organized.

Guest hahathhat

That means nothing, really. There are all these people on lists like AH with that much in their gear... people who aren't famous and don't have a famous back catalogue. Just obsessive anoraks -- I can say this because I am one. I don't have £26900 in gear but if things continue I'll probably surpass that before I kick the bucket -- esp. with how inflation is going :undecided:

I still want to know what this is. Google results were not forthcoming.

That means nothing, really. There are all these people on lists like AH with that much in their gear... people who aren't famous and don't have a famous back catalogue. Just obsessive anoraks -- I can say this because I am one. I don't have £26900 in gear but if things continue I'll probably surpass that before I kick the bucket -- esp. with how inflation is going :undecided:

True but thats not a collection of rare stuff just to look impressive as a collectable investment, it has been selected, designed, modified and with a very functional purpose. In my experience the type of 'anoraks' who own £10,000+ modular systems like this will normally turn their nose up at a 303 and even the most extreme TBholic wouldn't think of modifications to connect to a Serge.

Fenix and Nagras in the pot as well, who else would have such an obscure collection of equiptment, more the fact why doesn't anyone know who this really does belong too?

Guest hahathhat

True but thats not a collection of rare stuff just to look impressive as a collectable investment, it has been selected, designed, modified and with a very functional purpose. In my experience the type of 'anoraks' who own £10,000+ modular systems like this will normally turn their nose up at a 303 and even the most extreme TBholic wouldn't think of modifications to connect to a Serge.

Fenix and Nagras in the pot as well, who else would have such an obscure collection of equiptment, more the fact why doesn't anyone know who this really does belong too?

a lot of tompty's other points do still stand, was just picking on that one :ok: but i like this sort of discussion.

- some synth anoraks are the museum sort -- put it all in display cases and polish it instead of using it

- others use it but they like the synths more than music

- and the rest are more about music than synths

if you're one of the latter two anoraks, synths are so varied and nuanced that what you buy is really a personal thing. there are THOUSANDS of synths out there, then custom builds/mods on top etc etc

i don't think you'll find (m)any that look like the keyboard section of guitar center. unless they're rich enough to have EVERYTHING, they'll pick pieces that personally appeal to them. espeically for the ones that care more about music than synths, they just buy what does the job.

that picture is somewhere between two and three. you don't have that much synth without some passion for synths in and of themselves, but i agree that the photo does represent a lot of very specific personal choices -- just not necessarily richard's!

but what do i know, i had to google nagras.

edit: okay, i have THE analogy -- just because you see a white limo the length of a city block doesn't mean RDJ is inside seducing women

edit: okay, i have THE analogy -- just because you see a white limo the length of a city block doesn't mean RDJ is inside seducing women

Very true and until we find out who the elaborate setup really does belong too :undecided: then the jury will still be out on this one methinx.

(I do kinda meet a chap from time to time who has apparently been in his studio but unfortunately he's duty bound by the AFX code of secrecy :fee: and no matter how much I try and blagg him all I ever get is "Sure I can tell you but I'd have to put a gun to your head afterward". RDJ chooses his helpers very wisely. :sad: )

Guest hahathhat

whoever it belongs to, wish they'd post more pics. i love looking at stuff like that. car people have car shows all over, where do synth people congregate off the internets???

whoever it belongs to, wish they'd post more pics. i love looking at stuff like that. car people have car shows all over, where do synth people congregate off the internets???

rdj probably buys this stuff cause he can't drive. or else he'd buy a Ferrari right?

power is nothing without control :sorcerer:

and a museum is a museum ... but does not have to be

I really agree with hahathhat in some ways - have seen to much equipment lately that was not used for much

its funny often the more equipment you see the less people do - as if they could buy fame or things like that

Archived