IGNORED

Slumdog Millionaire

Guest assegai

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Great Maker ShaiHulud
so you hated it like I did?

Probably more. I really just thought it was a fucking mess...an incredibly disingenuous one at that.

It must be said, however, that the script was the worst part of the movie. As much as I blame Boyle for its shortcomings, it's not like I'd want any filmmaker to take on this script.

I hate to agree with you about a film, but I can't stand this movie either.

Has there ever been a less deserving Best Picture? I mean, when was the last time the winner was actually a terrible film? A lot of winners are clearly not the best film of the year, but this was just shit.

When was the last time shit won an Oscar?

Did Danny Boyle make The Commitments? I've been trying to find that on widescreen DVD.

Guest Great Maker ShaiHulud

Oh yeah... I'd forgotten Titanic existed and I didn't realize Gladiator won.

I don't think Gladiator is a shit film, though. It was probably the best out of the 5 nominated.

I wonder if I'm the only one on earth who's never seen Titanic?

Guest melotronic
Did Danny Boyle make The Commitments? I've been trying to find that on widescreen DVD.

no man, that was alan parker.

but yeah the commitments is good, alan parker's your man, think he might be dead now or maybe im making that up

edit: he's not dead

Alan Parker made 'The Wall', 'Midnight Express', and 'Angel Heart'.....

Danny Boyle has made poop in his toilet...

Best thing he has done thus far...

i'm can't remember if this really happened... did it have that MIA track for the train bit and then a remix of the same track 5 minutes later?

Guest Otto Krat

The film is very bad. Can't believe it got and oscar, from now on, if a movie i like has got one, im gonna seriously ask myself if i wasn't wrong.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mirezzi

Great news!

The producers of Slumdog just donated $750K to a charity in India.

For a film that grossed $326 million worldwide, I think that's MORE than generous, don't you?!

The film sucked hard, but the Pussycat Dolls song that came from it is pure win. Swings and roundabouts eh?

The Beach while still very flawed is probably the best Danny Boyle movie i've seen

I always get a kick out of psycho hippy movies, especially ones that are like beach bum psycho hippies ie: Point Break

Guest melotronic
I always get a kick out of psycho hippy movies, especially ones that are like beach bum psycho hippies ie: Point Break

i feel the same way about 'a scanner darkly'

Archived