IGNORED

Patrick McGoohan died today....

Atop

bummer .. he had an ego on him though ..

one of the greatest tv shows that will ever have been!

The Prisoner was amazing. Danger Man was pretty good too.

R.I.P.

my grandfather created 'danger man' ('secret agent' to the USerly challenged)...

Guest abusivegeorge

That had the 1.8 litre Rover engine in it and weighed so little, it was pretty much the fastest thing on the road.

I always want a Caterham Super 7 because of the Prisoner.

McGoohan-prisoner-tn.jpg

Wasn't it a Lotus Super 7?

And yes, I wanted one too - apparently you can get them these days not too expensively...

Guest abusivegeorge

In reference to above post, it was a Lotus that then became Caterham, and is still known as caterham today even though the Lotus Elise uses that same rover 1.8 K series engine and is just as quick.

Lotus/Rover/Caterham, built that car, then Caterham became it's own company.

Guest abusivegeorge

You can build them yourself if you wish as this is cheaper, but for the effort it costs to build you may as well pay the extra £3000 and buy it ready built, as for using a honda civic lump I'm not sure as I don't think they would run on V-tec, as far as I know they come in 1.6, 1.8, 2.0 and 2.2 turbocharged vauxhall lumps, or the rover k-series lump.

They've actually finished filming the remake, it's due to be broadcast later this year. Jesus from the passion of the Christ is number six rather than Eccleston. Very strong chance that it'll be shit.

my grandfather created 'danger man' ('secret agent' to the USerly challenged)...

That is cool! Never have watched any eps of that series but might have to now, been meaning to...

And a remake sounds like a disaster...

one of a kind show, the era, the aesthetics, McGoohan...

there is no way to make the show any cooler than it already IS....

and as LUDD so eloquently put it....

Be Seeing You!

Guest Shit Attack

I really hope at the end of this new remake he escapes the island/town/place and then gets back to the city and realises theres cameras and shit everywhere and hes bein watched anyway and somebody says be seeing you or whatever thast would be ace probably be a pile of shit tho

Guest analogue wings
Abusive George = Jeremy Clarkson

Analogue Wings = Richard Hammond

Soundwave = The other one

Joyrex = The Stig, natch

Cool I get to be the brain damaged one

Archived