IGNORED

Fever Ray

Guest Abuse

• 4 weeks later...

this is really amazing stuff. searched for 'fever ray' on here after picking this up at the weekend... was gonna post about it. now i have done that.

c

Got it, digging it, but it's basically more of The Knife. Different in subtle ways, but basically the same. I guess it makes sense, the producer (christoffer berg) has been working with The Knife for a long time. So it's basically Knife minus Olof.

Got it, digging it, but it's basically more of The Knife. Different in subtle ways, but basically the same. I guess it makes sense, the producer (christoffer berg) has been working with The Knife for a long time. So it's basically Knife minus Olof.

i actually find it to be pretty distinctly different, with the exception of the pitch-shifted vocal harmonies... of course it most definitely seems similar due to it being the same singer, but to me, the song structures are more subdued and less traditional... not a lot of verse-chorus-verse stuff happening.

although i'm just getting into the knife as a result of the trailer for "9" anyway, so what do i know. =)

c

Guest frank belko

i actually find it to be pretty distinctly different, with the exception of the pitch-shifted vocal harmonies... of course it most definitely seems similar due to it being the same singer, but to me, the song structures are more subdued and less traditional... not a lot of verse-chorus-verse stuff happening.

yeah i agree. it's definitely more drone-like, in the sense that song structure kind of evolves and builds. very haunting.

and i fucking love her "voice."

oh the music video for "If I Had a Heart" is very excellent:

• 2 weeks later...

my god i love her. her voice or manipulation of it is awesome. she also has really good lyrics. yeah, it seems to be pretty much more of the knife, but who's complaining about that?

• 3 months later...
Guest abracadabra

It's pretty good and pretty silly at the same time. Oddly, one of my favorites for this year.

Guest nene multiple assgasms
i have never listened to the knife but im obsessed with this at the moment. i love the mood/atmosphere. is the knife this good?

better.

Guest iamabe

silent shout is the easy place to start. check out the track "marble house"

full version is better.

Guest nene multiple assgasms

yeah, I was gonna recommend silent shout if you like the fever ray album.

Guest Pilcat
another great place to start is "rushup edge". came out about 2 years ago, not much hype.

rules,

read them.

knife-wise, silent shout is beautiful.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

i love the knife, and just learned of this albums existence

grabbing now!

silent shout is the easy place to start. check out the track "marble house"

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WhQ5TiBHVk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WhQ5TiBHVk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

full version is better.

i prefer 'we share our mother's health'

Dry and Dusty is an excellent track on this album. I've been a big fan of The Knife as well but I was a little reluctant to grab this record as I heard it was just Karin alone with no influence from Olof, but the music production turns out to be OK considering the mood which Karin was looking for. Basic percussion, with some good reverb and dark melodies. The voice is really what grabs you anyway - so I start to care less for the percussion. Lyrics are interesting as well, almost all the tracks seem to tell a nostalgic story of some kind.

Archived