IGNORED

BCM's jeans

Guest Idrn

this thread is not for fun ... i went shopping the other day and i cant find a decent pair. either they're way skinny or too baggy. and nearly all have fabric-boner producingly high crotches. that pic of yours looked good - not too skinny/ low crotch/ reasonable shin scrunch. where did you get them?

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dude t.k frigging maxx. i cant reccomend this place enough. you will find every type of jeans you could imagine and more, you will have to sift through hundreds of aisles of poop, but you will find tyhe jeans you want. and they will be cheap. im currently wearing fashionable(2 years ago anyway) 200 pound skinny jeans that i picked up for like 25 quid.

anyway, I got the jeans from uniqlo on Oxford Street. "00" fit.

sounds expensive. how much?

nah, uniqlo's not expensive - some kind of Japanese chain store, not been in the UK that long...got some cool stuff in there actually.... I think the jeans were £25

fuck TK Maxx unless you like wearing XXXXL or XXXS sizes....

anyway, I got the jeans from uniqlo on Oxford Street. "00" fit.

I thought they were Uniqlo. Even their allegedly skinny sizes really aren't... I'm wearing a pair of the selvedge S-001 "skinny straight" fit and they're a really nice cut, very flattering. The denim is very high-quality for the price - I think with sales the non-selvedge jeans are about £20, £30 for the selvedge (which is worth the extra money for better construction quality).

Tip though: If you decide to go for the coloured T-000 skinny fits, go a size higher than your usual waist because they're very tight around the hips for some reason. Although I don't think you've quite reached the "coloured skinny jeans" level of fagginess yet - I have a green pair.

In summary, Uniqlo make the best budget jeans on the UK high street, no exception. Topman jeans are crap and fall apart, H&M are *OK* but their cuts leave a lot to be desired.

Sorry for this terrible picture but here's the S-001s. It's really dark in my hallway and I can't get a decent shot.

dscf1095xp8.jpg

Uniqlo's just a great place to shop in general. Nice pants and socks, nice knitwear...

Yeah, Topman's for Hollyoaks-watching morons who like to think they're indie. It's really lame. I bought a pair of jeans there last year and they fell apart the moment I tried to play frisbee in them in the park. I would sooner drink petrol than wear their obnoxious graphic t-shirts etc., and even their decent looking stuff - coats and cardigans - are constructed really poorly given how much the price is marked up.

jeans2tight1.jpg

Now this gentleman has made a wise sartorial decision. Usually flared/bootcut jeans look a bit silly, but in his case, with his wide shoulders and well-constructed torso, tapered skinnies would make him look out of proportion. The flared ankle provides a balanced silhouette, and makes this chap look fabulous.

Yeah, Topman's for Hollyoaks-watching morons who like to think they're indie. It's really lame. I bought a pair of jeans there last year and they fell apart the moment I tried to play frisbee in them in the park. I would sooner drink petrol than wear their obnoxious graphic t-shirts etc., and even their decent looking stuff - coats and cardigans - are constructed really poorly given how much the price is marked up.

if you can brave it though, there's some good shit to be found. i raided the discount rack and got a decent fred perry ripoff, a subtle grey/black tartan hoody (matches my belt) and a light polyester 'jogging' hoody that'll be good for summer... £30.

I've got one t-shirt from Topman which I quite like, but that's just because they're one of the few places on the high street that do t-shirts and polos in a size extra-small. But it's just a plain grey t-shirt with thin black stripes, for the same price you could get something nicer from American Apparel which wasn't made in some Turkish sweatshop!

For sure they've got some nice basics though, it's just the price. Their plimsols are good!

jeans2tight1.jpg

Now this gentleman has made a wise sartorial decision. Usually flared/bootcut jeans look a bit silly, but in his case, with his wide shoulders and well-constructed torso, tapered skinnies would make him look out of proportion. The flared ankle provides a balanced silhouette, and makes this chap look fabulous.

fucking lol, he looks like super-hans gay brother. notice the barcardi breezer too.

Archived