• 2 months later...
  • Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Iain C
pants3-thumb.jpg

pants-thumb.jpg

These have a nice cut.

Gary and I spotted a guy wearing these in Peterborough the other day. Oh my lol.

i tried on a pair of skinny jeans at ross about a year ago... but my legs are too buff and my ass stuck out! it's all about low rise boot cut for me!

Guest Iain C

A lot of people with selvege denim (made on old-fashioned shuttle looms, more expensive and better quality) turn their jeans up to show the selvege off. Selvege is the white stitching running up the outseam here: http://media.photobucket.com/image/selvege...icture050-2.jpg

I think it looks silly frankly. My new APC jeans are too long by a couple of inches but I like the way they stack up around my ankles.

i bought some checked flannel shirts today from uniqlo. i'm currently wearing grew denim uniqlo straight skinny (S001) fit jeans, found the tapered (S000) ones to perhaps be a bit too skinny for my legs...

A lot of people with selvege denim (made on old-fashioned shuttle looms, more expensive and better quality) turn their jeans up to show the selvege off. Selvege is the white stitching running up the outseam here: http://media.photobucket.com/image/selvege...icture050-2.jpg

I think it looks silly frankly. My new APC jeans are too long by a couple of inches but I like the way they stack up around my ankles.

if you think they look silly iain that's fine by me. :wink:

Guest Iain C
i bought some checked flannel shirts today from uniqlo. i'm currently wearing grew denim uniqlo straight skinny (S001) fit jeans, found the tapered (S000) ones to perhaps be a bit too skinny for my legs...

Uniqlo flannel shirts are awesome. Sadly between the last couple of seasons they've changed the sizing - I used to be an S in Uniqlo and now I'm an XS. Of course I didn't realise this until I'd bought three new shirts without trying them on...

Uniqlo's the best high-street shop for certain, though. Leave Topman and H&M to the teenagers. And re: turn ups on jeans, they look silly on ME I think - your mileage may vary!

I also found that the grey/coloured T-000 (T is for Tapered) fit a couple of sizes smaller than their usual jeans. I bought a green pair in 30 - my usual size - and they fit but they really chafe on the hips after a while. I couldn't find any odd sizes, so when I bought a blue pair I went for the 32. Really comfy but possibly not quite skinny enough on the leg.

Uniqlo flannel shirts are awesome. Sadly between the last couple of seasons they've changed the sizing - I used to be an S in Uniqlo and now I'm an XS. Of course I didn't realise this until I'd bought three new shirts without trying them on...

Uniqlo's the best high-street shop for certain, though. Leave Topman and H&M to the teenagers. And re: turn ups on jeans, they look silly on ME I think - your mileage may vary!

I also found that the grey/coloured T-000 (T is for Tapered) fit a couple of sizes smaller than their usual jeans. I bought a green pair in 30 - my usual size - and they fit but they really chafe on the hips after a while. I couldn't find any odd sizes, so when I bought a blue pair I went for the 32. Really comfy but possibly not quite skinny enough on the leg.

hmmm, i hope my shirts aren't too big - didn't try them on either and bought Large...but in some shops i'm a Medium...ah well, will find out when i get in....

hmmm, i hope my shirts aren't too big - didn't try them on either and bought Large...but in some shops i'm a Medium...ah well, will find out when i get in....

goddam it they're too big!

Guest Iain C

goddam it they're too big!

Yep! Fucking Uniqlo. Luckily they've always been very nice to me regarding returns!

• 3 years later...

thought i'd resurrect an old thread..

so on a whim (and because i had some vouchers from my birthday to spend) i got a new pair of skinny jeans today....did i go too far?

2PJam.jpg

dEDdW.jpg

YVEFE.jpg

Archived