IGNORED

it's like dial-up here

keltoi

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Benedict Cumberbatch
yeah nice upgrade DUMBASS!

Be careful; what you're doing is considered flame baiting, and while being the administrator, I take more flack than what I would expect other members to take on here, it does not give you any right to insult me, especially on matters you know fuckall about.

Be careful; what you're doing is considered boring me, and while being a jerk, I take more flack than what I would expect other members to take on here, it does not give you any right to bore me, especially on matters you know lots about.

yeah nice upgrade DUMBASS!

Be careful; what you're doing is considered flame baiting, and while being the administrator, I take more flack than what I would expect other members to take on here, it does not give you any right to insult me, especially on matters you know fuckall about.

Be careful; what you're doing is considered boring me, and while being a jerk, I take more flack than what I would expect other members to take on here, it does not give you any right to bore me, especially on matters you know lots about.

Have a nice break for a week - perhaps when you can post again, the DDoS attacks will have been dealt with.

so it was theocide, hmmmmm.....

*strokes chin*

Possibly not - we've got 77 other sites on the same server as us, and any one (or more) of those could be the DDoS target... very coincidental, though.

Fast for the moment... whee!

Guess papa can't take a joke.

I've always been bad about that... I hate being fucked with when I'm having to deal with stressful stuff.

I used to be really bad about it, but I've tried real hard these past years to keep my cool under pressure. Plus the internets can misconstrue the meaning since it's just text.

Guest hahathhat

we spend all day trying to stay rational, levelheaded, and in control... the entropy builds up in a bucket inside you somewhere, and eventually spills over. you freak out at whatever's in front of you; totally lose control for a moment. then, having vented it, you promptly clamp down and CONTROL everything again. you feel terribly ashasmed of that one explosionary loss of control, beat yourself up over it, and attempt to control yourself even more strictly. this, of course, just worsens the problem.

The bucket only spills over when you don't vent the tap. You have to know when to let it out and how to focus it somewhere. And trying to control yourself doesn't worsen your problem, you eventually get better at it with time.

Guest hahathhat
The bucket only spills over when you don't vent the tap. You have to know when to let it out and how to focus it somewhere. And trying to control yourself doesn't worsen your problem, you eventually get better at it with time.

This is pretty much what I would have said if I continued writing. I stopped because I felt that was as far as I needed to go in this situation.

Trying to control yourself will worsen the problem IF you do not vent. Getting better at controlling yourself is really just enlarging your bucket.

Anyways, what I was trying to say -- I think Joyrex tries very hard, too hard, to be polite and nice, then one day he can't take any more and bans someone. I thought the solution of venting more regularly was, like, implied?

I don't think getting better at it implies enlarging the bucket. If you get better at forgiving people for little things, then you won't have a bucket at all. There's a difference between suppression and forgiveness.

Guest hahathhat
I don't think getting better at it implies enlarging the bucket. If you get better at forgiving people for little things, then you won't have a bucket at all. There's a difference between suppression and forgiveness.

that's getting better at venting.

that's getting better at venting.

But venting implies aggression. Forgiveness means the grievances are let go, which means there's no suppression.

This is pretty much what I would have said if I continued writing. I stopped because I felt that was as far as I needed to go in this situation.

Trying to control yourself will worsen the problem IF you do not vent. Getting better at controlling yourself is really just enlarging your bucket.

Anyways, what I was trying to say -- I think Joyrex tries very hard, too hard, to be polite and nice, then one day he can't take any more and bans someone. I thought the solution of venting more regularly was, like, implied?

No, as I said - I just hate being poked at when I'm already dealing with a bad situation on the forums... look at LOL Alzado - he took a year and a half break due to exactly that!

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i got banned for a while back there?

well i'm glad it got revoked and i'm glad you can take a joke even if its not very funny.

i got banned for a while back there?

well i'm glad it got revoked and i'm glad you can take a joke even if its not very funny.

Yeah, I temp suspended you - sorry.

(non gay hug)

BTW - the DDoS has been squashed, and I must say, the forum is lighting fast now!

Archived