IGNORED

Squarepusher's playing Ether Festival London

fenton

Guest Ultravisitor

isn't he doing a tour with a live drummer?

if so, this could be it.

i saw a 'rehearsal' with the drummer on youtube. sounded pretty good.

isn't he doing a tour with a live drummer?

if so, this could be it.

i saw a 'rehearsal' with the drummer on youtube. sounded pretty good.

Nah, seen that 3 times. It's not that: it's something like Art and shit.

• 2 months later...
Guest adorno1982
Who says that it's not a rave set? It's advertised as Squarepusher rather than Tom Jenkinson...

I'm goin .

with me mates. it's in the clore ballroom: it's in the foyer of the royal festival hall, a nice space, probably nicely partitioned off. I don't know what to expect. maybe a rave of sorts ... but he won't be at liberty to swear and to cuss don't you know.

I'm going, they're converting the Clore ballroom into a night club space for the night apparently. Gonna be some African vibes with the BLK JKS too which I'm reserving opinion on till the performance. I hope Tom's on fine form tonight, would love to hear some fresh material and the unreleased stuff that was played at Bangface.

I saw him at the Astoria and Manchester's Warehouse Project last year and I'd say the one in Manchester was better, a less rock orientated venue and the addition of Luke Vibert made it that bit better. That and during his set at The Astoria my mate kept screaming through the rock-esque tracks how shit he thought they were. They are by no means my favourites but that made them far less enjoyable.

I reckon the best scenario to see him play must be when it's more geared towards his friends rather than to promote an album. When I saw him play at Wang a couple of years ago it was utterly immense.

Guest adorno1982
I'm going, they're converting the Clore ballroom into a night club space for the night apparently. Gonna be some African vibes with the BLK JKS too which I'm reserving opinion on till the performance. I hope Tom's on fine form tonight, would love to hear some fresh material and the unreleased stuff that was played at Bangface.

I saw him at the Astoria and Manchester's Warehouse Project last year and I'd say the one in Manchester was better, a less rock orientated venue and the addition of Luke Vibert made it that bit better. That and during his set at The Astoria my mate kept screaming through the rock-esque tracks how shit he thought they were. They are by no means my favourites but that made them far less enjoyable.

I reckon the best scenario to see him play must be when it's more geared towards his friends rather than to promote an album. When I saw him play at Wang a couple of years ago it was utterly immense.

OH my god i thought it was amazing. he was amazing. the drummer was amazing. the old tunes were amazing. i thought there was a new tune towards the end too. all incredible ...

It was good, and yes his drummer is very decent, but I prefer Squarepusher without the rockesque tracks and without this drummer. Every single other track slayed me, despite having seen him a multitude of times live and knowing his tracks exceedingly well. Never mind though, at least I could enjoy about 80% of the material and his improvisations over favourites were splendid. I particularly enjoyed the bass alterations/improvisations he's made to Hello Meow live, he did something similar at the Astoria and it was a superb addition to the track. I look forward to seeing what Squarepusher does when he loses the drummer.

I don't recollect any new tracks being played and I was very sober.

BLK JKS weren't very good and neither was DJ Mo, I tried to be open minded about them but in particular the BLK JKS singing was terrible.

Archived