IGNORED

first-timer jungle/dnb

Guest IRARI

Plug is a amazing, however not my idea of typical dnb... another atypical recommendation- photek Modus Operandi.

Photek's awesome, but it may not be a good first choice. I dunno tho, I started from Plug (which is quite a different style of DnB).

Guest Stoppit

Any of the early Metalheadz compilations, like Platinum Breakz I + II, or the metal box are a pretty good starting point - they've got the mid-nineties classic stuff by Digital, Dillinja, Hidden Agenda, Goldie, Source Direct, Photek, Ed Rush, Optical, Lemon D, Peshay, Adam F...

Listening to Metalheadz in '97 aged 12 warped my fragile little mind *gets misty-eyed*

Any of the early Metalheadz compilations, like Platinum Breakz I + II, or the metal box are a pretty good starting point - they've got the mid-nineties classic stuff by Digital, Dillinja, Hidden Agenda, Goldie, Source Direct, Photek, Ed Rush, Optical, Lemon D, Peshay, Adam F...

Despite your open and brazen disregard for the rules, I'm going to have to agree here... both these comps have great tracks in a wide enough range of substyles, (and more importantly not oversaturated with amen breaks)

Also, stay away from Hi Contrast and all that other ibiza-tainted club bullshit with no syncopation

Archived