IGNORED

Accessing Genetic Memory Via LSD

Guest hahathhat

Guest hahathhat

relevant

https://richarddawkins.net/forum/viewtopic....3&start=225

In most cases, all it will do is cause them to look for reasons as to why and how somebody as intelligent and lucid as UE believes in total bullshit.

That would be the nicest thing for us to think, some of us may think you a touch overgenerous with your self-praise.

yes, R. A. Wilson kind of jerks your ego off in exchange for believing. once you realize this, however, it's a valuable lesson... and you realize that's what he intended all along.

i'm in a bit of a silly mood now, but i'm also serious. sorry.

Man and his Symbols was written by five separate authors. And it primarily deals as an introduction to Jungian psychology. It is by no means a definitive authority on whether or not we have "genetic" memory. Of course I think XXX is probably thinking in terms of DNA having memory rather than humans having a collective unconscious memory.

Guest hahathhat
Man and his Symbols was written by five separate authors. And it primarily deals as an introduction to Jungian psychology. It is by no means a definitive authority on whether or not we have "genetic" memory. Of course I think XXX is probably thinking in terms of DNA having memory rather than humans having a collective unconscious memory.

AREN'T YOU SMARTY MAN!!~

i know. i didn't feel like writing a synopsis. what struck me about Jung -- his chapter -- to be more explicit, was the recurrence in patterns of symbology/mythology throughout mankind's history. the title of the book is pretty relevant to its contents.

any of you familiar with how a random number generator works? we're all running on the same random seed my brothers and/or sisters~

any of you familiar with how a random number generator works? we're all running on the same random seed my brothers and/or sisters~

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Consciousness_Project

This maybe of interest to you.

The Global Consciousness Project (GCP, also called the EGG Project) is a long-running science experiment maintained by an international collaboration of about 100 research scientists and engineers. It is based on technology developed at Princeton to study interactions of consciousness with physical systems. The GCP has been collecting data from a global network of random event generators since August 1998. The network currently maintains about 65 sites around the world running custom software that reads the output of physical random number generators and records a trial (sum of 200 bits) once every second, continuously over months and years. The data is transmitted over the Internet to a server in Princeton, New Jersey, where they are archived for later analysis. The result is a database of synchronized parallel sequences of truly random numbers.

The research question is whether there are deviations from randomness correlated with major events that engage the attention of large numbers of people. Such correlations are interpreted as reflecting the presence and activity of consciousness in the world.

Guest hahathhat

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Consciousness_Project

This maybe of interest to you.

The Global Consciousness Project (GCP, also called the EGG Project) is a long-running science experiment maintained by an international collaboration of about 100 research scientists and engineers. It is based on technology developed at Princeton to study interactions of consciousness with physical systems. The GCP has been collecting data from a global network of random event generators since August 1998. The network currently maintains about 65 sites around the world running custom software that reads the output of physical random number generators and records a trial (sum of 200 bits) once every second, continuously over months and years. The data is transmitted over the Internet to a server in Princeton, New Jersey, where they are archived for later analysis. The result is a database of synchronized parallel sequences of truly random numbers.

The research question is whether there are deviations from randomness correlated with major events that engage the attention of large numbers of people. Such correlations are interpreted as reflecting the presence and activity of consciousness in the world.

http://www.fourmilab.ch/documents/gtpp/

fourmilab is pretty otm for pretty much anything he cares to dive into, great site if you're a nerd

Guest hahathhat
lol--Jung, I'm not trying to step to you but I have graduate level training in psychology; I've read a lot Jung. So, yeah, Chen is right--I was thinking that you meant memories that can be directly pinpointed on DNA or some kind of common vestigal sequence that goes toward forming a "pre-loaded" brain.

But, I see that you are talking about the collective unconscious hypothesis, which, in a funny way, might end up being proven through gene science even though that's definitely not what my man Carl Gustav was aiming at. I've always loved Jung's work but since I hold myself to a strict materialistic definition of science, I entertain Jung as much as I would a psychic when it comes to having something to contribute to science. But, that's not what we're talking about eh?

Jung always portrayed the coll. un. as a vast pool of archetypes that seem as though they come to us rather than the other way around. I feel like that the answer is much more "top-down" i.e. our fellow humans exhibit a predictable range of behavior, our propensity towards organizing and forming patterns kicks in, and we come up with "behavioral shorthand" such as The Shadow or The Joker. Because these heuristics work so well, they emerge in nearly every religion and work of art/drama for as long as we can see back.

you haven't tried LSD at all have you

Memory is just pockets of protein.

OH REEEELLLY?! your work, your memory and all information that reside on your hard drive and/or is transferred to your screen from web...all your false/true/wannabe identities, your life so far (non-materialised in physical form) is electric current interpreted as 1 and 0. yeah. eat that. :P

fact 1 :Ayahuasca is an amazonian drug used by shamans to communicate with 'spirits'. They define a spirit as an "invisible entity found in animals, plants, mountains, rivers, lakes and certain crystal rocks"

fact 2 : If you drink ayahuasca/yage, you may see helocoidal shapes very similar to DNA.

This has lead some researchers to think there might be a link between ayahuasca and DNA.

http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:8DLHp...;cd=5&gl=fr

The similarity between DNA, the

winding ayahuasca vine, and the snake

imagery it produces led Narby to suggest

that shamans, through their ingestion of

the brew, communicate with the informa-

tion stored in DNA.

He then began to study the character-

istics of DNA and found that it emits

electromagnetic waves corresponding to

the narrow band of visible light. This

weak light is equivalent to the intensity

of a candle at a distance of ten kilome-

tres, but has a high degree of coherence,

comparable to a laser. It is fascinating to

speculate that this is the waveform of

consciousness, and that plants such as

ayahuasca are the means of making it –

and the illnesses which disrupt its signal

– visible to shamanic sight.

http://www.agoracosmopolitan.com/home/Fron...0/20/02677.html

Recent work by Russian biologist Piotr Garjajev and some Russian linguistic experts suggests the same thing, and, more specifically, this research may show that junk DNA, rather than being a discard, is “a computer hologram that works with laser-type radiations.” In short, DNA is an extraordinary generator of perceptions, an instrument of virtual reality.

Guest nannystatenoise

i wonder if anyone read that 2012 book by Daniel Pinchbeck? i think its called the Return of Quetzlcoatl or something. A large part of the book was devoted to this specific topic, quantum consciousness, Akashic Records , collective human memory , etc

I always have the feeling in the back of my mind , that all knowledge in the Universe has already been discovered and we're just solving the puzzle piece by piece.. and sometimes we get that odd deja-vu sensation as if we already we knew the answer beforehand

Archived