IGNORED

specific sort of FPS im looking for

YEK

something with the darkness and robotic shit of quake 1 and 2 but with the graphics of quake 3

my computer isn't that good but i think it could probably run quake 3, i haven't checked , though i do own it.

i'm looking for a story mode

quake 3 is nice and shiny but i want quake 3 with a single player game

is there a single player mod for q3?

yeah i dunno

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know if your system can handle it but: The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay. It's a few years old now and used to run great on every system I put it on.

deus ex

probably the best game i've ever played. the sequel isn't as good but i enjoyed it.

also, try some of the quake3 engine games. can't remember any off the top of my head, but there are a few.

Guest abusivegeorge

I went back and restarted Caslte Wolfenstein and Medal of Honour: Allied Assault only yesterday. Unreal Tournament is a cracker to have a go at.

Guest abusivegeorge
The best FPS that would easily run on your computer is Serious Sam: The Second Encounter. Granted, it's colorful and wacky, but as far as pure unbridled action, it's yet to be topped.

He said he wanted a storyline mate Serious Sam doesn't really have a storyline thats worth getting into, if one at all in my opinion, but I totally agree the action is fucking non stop, if a little over the top at times.

Guest viscosity

if you want a straightup shooter with max payne/matrix like slo-mo try FEAR. the 2nd one was just released. You also get to ride in a mech machine, which is always fun

other then that:

Half Life 2

Crysis

Fallout 3

STALKER

the last 2 are RPG hybrids, but still very good

Guest Dirty Protest
Crysis

Fallout 3

His computers not very good and you throw out Crysis and Fallout. May as well tell him to place his board under a grill.

He said he wanted a storyline mate Serious Sam doesn't really have a storyline thats worth getting into, if one at all in my opinion, but I totally agree the action is fucking non stop, if a little over the top at times.

He said "single player", so I assumed he wanted a campaign that wasn't a bot match like Q3 or UT. Anyone who plays an FPS for the storyline that isn't Half Life is an idiot.

Deus Ex is probably your best bet. Although I have to recommend Thief: Deadly Shadows, even though it isn't really what you're asking for.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

definitely lots of good suggestions in here, even though im not a huge single player addict, I dont think theres anything really I could add to the list, Jedi Knight 2 was soo sick mostly because of how wicked it felt battling in multiplayer

serious sam really was a very very fun FPS especially in co-op

thief and deus ex were amazing

lots of good shit to choose from with older good single player games

Archived