IGNORED

specific sort of FPS im looking for

YEK

I played up to the boat chase in HL2 and remember why it's the best fucking game ever. Epic.

that was the worst part of the game. the boat section drags on forever and i always end up quitting at that point when i have tried to replay the game.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The boat chase is my favorite part.

Well that and the part where you drive the car.

And the part where you storm Nova Prospekt with an army of antlions.

And the part where you fight an airship while standing on girders underneath a bridge.

And the part where you take on a bunch of striders outside the art museum.

And the part where you play tower defense with the turrets.

And the part where you have the supercharged gravity gun.

That's my favorite part.

The episodes have way too much Alyx for my tastes, which kills the awesome Metroid-like lone exploration that I love. Every time she would say "Good job crawling through that vent, Gordon!" I would launch a filing cabinet at her.

That being said, the boss fight of episode 2 is fucking spectacular.

Guest abusivegeorge

I am actually on the boat chase part at the minute as I only bought the orange box a few weeks back, having not played half life or blueshift for years I'm finding it quite difficult.

I've heard of painkiller, I'll have a look out for it, should pick it up cheap in some of the stores here.

Now go spend the next 45 min going from tunnel to tunnel killing the same old head crabs on Highway 17 or if you're not there yet spend an hour jumping from wood board to wood board in the middle of the beach. Some parts were just too long and repetitive, the episodes were much better edited, specially EP2, it played incredibly well with no really boring or repetitive parts, just going from setting to setting doing new stuff every time.

Guest abusivegeorge
Now go spend the next 45 min going from tunnel to tunnel killing the same old head crabs on Highway 17 or if you're not there yet spend an hour jumping from wood board to wood board in the middle of the beach. Some parts were just too long and repetitive, the episodes were much better edited, specially EP2, it played incredibly well with no really boring or repetitive parts, just going from setting to setting doing new stuff every time.

Is this really what I'm in for? Coz I've been quite liking it so far.

I'm biased because I pretty well love all things Half Life, but if you're enjoying it just play it and don't let opinions taint your experience.

I like HL2 as an overall cohesive epic adventure, but the episodes are like little epilogues in a book that are also awesome, but different in pacing and content.

My only complaint is no hands while driving or ladder climbing. That shit drives me bananas.

Guest abusivegeorge
I'm biased because I pretty well love all things Half Life, but if you're enjoying it just play it and don't let opinions taint your experience.

I like HL2 as an overall cohesive epic adventure, but the episodes are like little epilogues in a book that are also awesome, but different in pacing and content.

My only complaint is no hands while driving or ladder climbing. That shit drives me bananas.

Yea I think I'll just carry on going as I am regardless of comments. Also lol at the no hands, its like they did it deliberately just to piss people off.

I never understood the appeal to Halo. Played the first one on PC and it had some of the most repetitive level design I've ever seen. It made me feel like I was running in circles.

Guest abusivegeorge
Volition. They make Saints Row these days.

Thats the one! I've never played Saints row, my friends raved about it back in the day but I was too busy playing football in the road.

Archived