IGNORED

Che

Guest zaphod

Not a disaster but a very long documentary style/war film that is very realistic, to the point that it is boring but Benecio does some fantastic acting and the cinematography/editing/directing is superb........

so a great film, long winded, only go see this if you know nothing about Che and the Cuban Revolution and love history....

otherwise you will be bored out of your mind, if you watch both parts........I would suggest watching them seperately

I think that is how they are being released anyhow but not here in Austin, it was shown in its entirety....

Guest Mr Salads

My roomie saw it, said it wasnt boring per se, but it is tedious. Lots of shots of geurillas shooting weapons and then hiding, apparently.

It's the roadshow presentation for my area so unless I walk out, I'm sitting through part 2. Too bad, that's the part of his life that seemed interesting.

Guest Mr Salads

Whats the point of seeing half of it though? Thats like trying to run a marathon and giving up. I feel like Soderbergh is asking us to man up to see his movie.

My roomie saw it, said it wasnt boring per se, but it is tedious. Lots of shots of geurillas shooting weapons and then hiding, apparently.

It could have been done better. I thought 'Letters From Iwo Jima' got the sense of dread and futility that the second half of 'Che' should have had.

It's the roadshow presentation for my area so unless I walk out, I'm sitting through part 2. Too bad, that's the part of his life that seemed interesting.

This is what threw me off. I expected to like the second half more because I knew a lot more about the Cuban revolution before going in than his time in Bolivia. Would have been interesting to see more than just an allusion to his time in Africa.

Go see it Zaphod. It's worth seeing, I think I was just expecting the second half to be as interesting as the first half.

saw it at the ziegfeld in manhattan. good flick. The performances were incredible but I got taken out of it by the video-ness of the Red camera. I'm a sucker for film. The super 16 bits were gorgeous though!

Archived