IGNORED

duck

Fred McGriff

duck. my latest obsession. i be eatin on duck 24/7 and twice on sundays now. duck breasts, duck legs, duck sausage, anything cooked in duck fat. i order duck whenever i go out to eat. duck is fucking tasty. i think tonight i'm going to try cooking duck myself for the first time ever. my local butcher keeps fresh duck in stock. i'm going to save the fat from the breasts after they are getting seared off, and i'm going to store that fat in my fridge, and then when i sautee things in the future i'm going to use the duck fat.

but the greatest thing of all about duck fat is making duck confit with it. duck confit is out of control good, it is really my favorite food right now. basically the legs are cooked slowly covered in duck fat until the meat is falling off the bone. jesus.

i want a glass jar shaped like a duck to store duck fat in, so if you ever come across one let me know. or maybe i should market it myself. how would i go about marketing my duck fat jar? that's a good question. if i could do it cheaply i think i will go through with it, would anyone buy my duck fat jar?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I live in prime duck hunting territory but I've only eaten twice--once in a dumpling at a Chinese restaurant and as jerky made by a roomate I had in college. The dumpling duck was mushy and tasted manky. My friend's jerky was delicious. I used to get so cracked up by his collection of duck and geese calls that we made a track together back in '01

oh lordy.... lol.... ducks do make the greatest sounds on earth

duck. my latest obsession. i be eatin on duck 24/7 and twice on sundays now. duck breasts, duck legs, duck sausage, anything cooked in duck fat. i order duck whenever i go out to eat. duck is fucking tasty. i think tonight i'm going to try cooking duck myself for the first time ever. my local butcher keeps fresh duck in stock. i'm going to save the fat from the breasts after they are getting seared off, and i'm going to store that fat in my fridge, and then when i sautee things in the future i'm going to use the duck fat.

but the greatest thing of all about duck fat is making duck confit with it. duck confit is out of control good, it is really my favorite food right now. basically the legs are cooked slowly covered in duck fat until the meat is falling off the bone. jesus.

i want a glass jar shaped like a duck to store duck fat in, so if you ever come across one let me know. or maybe i should market it myself. how would i go about marketing my duck fat jar? that's a good question. if i could do it cheaply i think i will go through with it, would anyone buy my duck fat jar?

Q: Ever had duck sausage?

A: No

R: Duck down here and get some!

i like to dive out from behind bushes and just snap a ducks neck. I'm kind of a contradiction because i've been known to put blind folds on the ducklings. I don't know... their little faces get to me.

Guest Deep Fried Everything

when you used to live in chicago, did you ever go to hot doug's?

you know they fry everything on saturdays in duck fat ... mmmmmmmm.

Guest David R James

Ur gona burn yourself out on duck, u need to chill out on duck or ur gona lose the duck love, that would be a sad day for you.

Guest catsonearth

i think it's best to leave duck up to the professionals, fred. and those professionals are, of course, the chinese. sure, duck confit is aight, seared duck breast is passable, but this is the only real way to eat duck:

roastduck.jpg

fuck the french, man. one taste of some bomb chinese roast duck and it's apparent who the superior race on this planet is. even if their country is all polluted to shit.

when they make that first incision to release all the fatty fluid from inside the chest cavity...oh god. i nearly came in my pants just thinking about it. with some steamed white rice and tender greens. holy fuck. i've been to a lot of fancy restaurants and had duck, but nothing has ever compared.

i think it's best to leave duck up to the professionals, fred. and those professionals are, of course, the chinese. sure, duck confit is aight, seared duck breast is passable, but this is the only real way to eat duck:

roastduck.jpg

fuck the french, man. one taste of some bomb chinese roast duck and it's apparent who the superior race on this planet is. even if their country is all polluted to shit.

when they make that first incision to release all the fatty fluid from inside the chest cavity...oh god. i nearly came in my pants just thinking about it. with some steamed white rice and tender greens. holy fuck. i've been to a lot of fancy restaurants and had duck, but nothing has ever compared.

you lost me at duck confit is aight. i stopped reading immediately.

And what about foie gras ? You can make foie gras out of a duck's liver. It's easy to do and tasty, you just have to buy a duck's liver (impossible in the States, isn't it ? :angry:)

besides duck confit is just amazing

And what about foie gras ? You can make foie gras out of a duck's liver. It's easy to do and tasty, you just have to buy a duck's liver (impossible in the States, isn't it ? :angry: )

besides duck confit is just amazing

duck liver no problem, goose liver is a banned substance lol

but yes let us just sit here and think about duck confit together. quietly and motionless.

i'm lovin bacon wrapped dates lately. you can get them at any tappas restaurant, i realize. but we had them a restaurant a couple weeks ago and they were by far the best i've ever had. the dates were stuffed with almonds. then then wrapped in bacon. and this hot bleu cheese sauce was drizzled over the whole thing. fuck i had such a food boner that night.

i'm lovin bacon wrapped dates lately. you can get them at any tappas restaurant, i realize. but we had them a restaurant a couple weeks ago and they were by far the best i've ever had. the dates were stuffed with almonds. then then wrapped in bacon. and this hot bleu cheese sauce was drizzled over the whole thing. fuck i had such a food boner that night.

yeah those are the fucking bomb. i had them last week but instead of dates it was a baguette, and instead of wrapped in bacon the baguette was spread with duck hash that was cooked in duck fat.

yeah those are the fucking bomb. i had them last week but instead of dates it was a baguette, and instead of wrapped in bacon the baguette was spread with duck hash that was cooked in duck fat.

i had that too except it was a bottle of vodka last night.

i had that too except it was a bottle of vodka last night.

lol. but seriously, vodka is fucking awesome, when it comes in the form of a duck-shaped jar full of duck fat.

Ur gona burn yourself out on duck, u need to chill out on duck or ur gona lose the duck love, that would be a sad day for you.

true. i'll keep myself in check. though i tend not to burn out on foods, i just obsess over them and then find a new obsession that cuts out obsession time for the previous obsession.

yeah i definitely made turd confit once back when i was working for the trash bag factory in dallas, i was driving home from work in the middle of summer in my mom's toyota camry and the A/C was broken. it was probabaly about 325 degrees Kelvin as the heat just radiated off the highway and i was stuck in traffic. basically i had eaten two double decker supremes and two meximelts at taco bell earlier and my stomach was just done with it and pushed it all into my bowels. my bowels were soaked through from sweating in my car and the taco bell turd slop was braising in the resulting juices inside of my guts, just screaming and dying to get out, but i had nowhere to go, so i proceeded to inch along the highway for another hour and a half till the turd was golden brown and falling off the bone.

Archived