IGNORED

duck

Fred McGriff

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest abusivegeorge

OMG I love you Fred.

Here we have a fresh butchers called Harpers and he deos this fresh Duck breast sealed in a bag smothered with plum sauce and you plonk it straight in the oven for roasting, halfway through split the bag and add the roast potatoes, carrots, whatever you like, fuck me, just, fuck me.

peking duck is good good.

koreans do a nice spicy soup called imaginatively enough "duck soup". which is fucking money.

duck confit is lovely indeed.

i think we can all agree that ducks are among the tastiest of fowl.

I live in prime duck hunting territory but I've only eaten twice--once in a dumpling at a Chinese restaurant and as jerky made by a roomate I had in college. The dumpling duck was mushy and tasted manky. My friend's jerky was delicious. I used to get so cracked up by his collection of duck and geese calls that we made a track together back in '01

bad ass

Guest abusivegeorge

Whats your tipple of the evening? Because I would only really drink wine with duck, are you starting off with some Jack and moving onto the wine later, or don't you give a fuck and booze is for drinking right?

oh yes of course george, i'm wining it straight through the day/night. downed two bottles and now i'm working on port. i only managed to snap a few pics at the beginning of the process; from there it was far too manic. it came out tasty though. the only thing i was disappointed with was the duck fat potato crisps. i just couldnt figure out how to get them crispy without burning them. the duck breasts were perfectly cooked and tender though with a nice crispy fatty buttery skin though. great learning process all in all.

rather uneventful precooking photo:

duck.jpg

Guest my usernames always really suck
dick. my latest obsession. i be eatin on dick 24/7 and twice on sundays now. dick breasts, dick legs, dick sausage, anything cooked in dick fat. i order dick whenever i go out to eat. dick is fucking tasty. i think tonight i'm going to try cooking dick myself for the first time ever. my local butcher keeps fresh dick in stock. i'm going to save the fat from the breasts after they are getting seared off, and i'm going to store that fat in my fridge, and then when i sautee things in the future i'm going to use the dick fat.

but the greatest thing of all about dick fat is making dick confit with it. dick confit is out of control good, it is really my favorite food right now. basically the legs are cooked slowly covered in dick fat until the meat is falling off the bone. jesus.

i want a glass jar shaped like a dick to store dick fat in, so if you ever come across one let me know. or maybe i should market it myself. how would i go about marketing my dick fat jar? that's a good question. if i could do it cheaply i think i will go through with it, would anyone buy my dick fat jar?

Archived