IGNORED

Half Life

Guest thanksomuch

HL2 was the best pc game i ever played. period. loved deathmatch, would keep me up all night. however all this had to stop when i bought a mac. i have no idea why they never ported it over :cry:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest assegai
I like the Half Life games, very nice atmosphere, very good sounds too. BUT - I bought the Orange Box and while playing HL2 Epi2, in the mine-level after being chased by "the ancient one", this occured:

error.jpg

This is not my picture, it's off google, hence it's a common error. (it was "Half-Life 2: hl2.exe" in my case) But Valve has yet to offer a solution for this crash that now happens every single time the game reaches a point where new data is loaded. The oldest support forum entries were made in 2004 and they're still "workin' on it" :sad: I could never finish the game because of it... re-install etc doesn't help.

http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=149417

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_...pic_id=25811684

Guest thanksomuch

i finally beat HL2 and now i am on HL2 Epi1. i am thinking i kinda like this one even more then HF2 :o the "Zombines" make me giggle.

I think I tried a lot of these things, I'm playing Heart of Darkness now, but when that's finished, I could give it another go. Who knows which changes may have been made to my pc since then, the error could have disappeared... the strange thing about it was just that I had already played through HL2 and HL2 epi 1 on my pc, and the error occured at about 30% into epi 2 with no changes made...

I started playing again too. Finished Half-Life 2 in a couple of days. I'm now a couple of hours into Episode 1. It's great to play them right after each other. Makes you see how much Valve improves on it's engine, characters and storytelling. The facial animations are so fantastic in the episodes.

half life was so awesome back then, that when you find out the military wants to kill you, then the graffiti on the walls, awesome.

Yeah Half-Life 2 is amazing and all but the original HL was special in a way no game has triumphed for me.

Archived