IGNORED

Half Life

Guest thanksomuch

so far the main character for deus ex 3 is looking abit lame, i hope they dont go for the grey/green/brown dystopia look but also try the perfect bright colour look of mirrors edge, we meets do andriods dream of electric sheep drawn by mobious music by vangelis, also sort of like portal, how the first half is the perfect white rooms then the second half all mechanical and shit, oh yes, and maybe non of the boring realistic graphics crap

i'm afraid it will turn out to be some hyped-up macho shit like h*wood does it (if you hear the teasertrailer narrator). last i heard Warren Spector is not assigned to the dev project and while the previous two games focused on nanotechnology-enhanced augmentations, dx3 will instead feature mechanical augmentations.

deus ex 1 remains the best game ever made.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
we meets do andriods dream of electric sheep drawn by mobious music by vangelis

wtf does this mean? are you saying you hope it looks like blade runner drawn by Moebius?

Planescape: Torment.

meh, it wasn't that great of a game, it was just funny and off kilter for what the typical pc rpg of that time period normally was.

Controversy! I hold it on equal ground with Fallout, Thief, and Planescape: Torment.

deus ex 1 remains the best game ever made. imho

fixed

thief was very good, but i did not understand why i had to shot the guard with 20 arrows to kill him once he spotted me. it just ruined it for me.

wtf does this mean? are you saying you hope it looks like blade runner drawn by Moebius?

you forgot we (great book. everyone shoudl read it)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/We_(novel)

to be truthful im not sure what i meant, but something like that, i love his use of colour, imagine a game with colour like that? im sure there has been a game with this type of colour actualy

moebius-ltm-021.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Giraud

so far the main character for deus ex 3 is looking abit lame, i hope they dont go for the grey/green/brown dystopia look but also try the perfect bright colour look of mirrors edge, we meets do andriods dream of electric sheep drawn by mobious music by vangelis, also sort of like portal, how the first half is the perfect white rooms then the second half all mechanical and shit, oh yes, and maybe non of the boring realistic graphics crap

i'm afraid it will turn out to be some hyped-up macho shit like h*wood does it (if you hear the teasertrailer narrator). last i heard Warren Spector is not assigned to the dev project and while the previous two games focused on nanotechnology-enhanced augmentations, dx3 will instead feature mechanical augmentations.

i hope your wrong but im scared you'll be right

thief was very good, but i did not understand why i had to shot the guard with 20 arrows to kill him once he spotted me. it just ruined it for me.

picky, picky. The first Thief game is flawless imo. Great protagonist, compelling environment, great twist, great climax, and almost every level is memorable.

I really hope Eidos don't fuck up Thief 4 and Deus Ex 3. However since they didn't hire our company to help them out but went with others instead I can only say good luck, guys...

HL2 just about beats Secret of Mana for my favourite game ever. I just love how in so many of the locations you can see that bloody tower looming over everything, incredible.

Also if you are into multiplayer, Day of Defeat Source is very good... though the community is rather dead but there are still quite a few die hards out there and you can still get into a full 32 player server. It's a great multiplayer experience... way better than CS when it comes to a straight up FPS.

god yes man! I used to play DoD:S hadcore, I love the BAR so much, and pwning w/ the k98 =) too much fun...

Put me in the camp that thinks Deus Ex 1 had such shitty graphics and gameplay it did nothing for me. Deus Ex 2 may have had more of a "mainstream" story, but I just found it way more fun to play. Plus, I don't play video games for their storylines because video game stories fucking suck and don't come anywhere near the quality of a good tale in a book or movie. (with the possible exception of Shadow of the Colossus and Braid if I'm in a good mood)

how many times can Eli be put in jeopardy?

NOT ANY MORE LOL

----

Thanksomuch:

hl2turrets.jpg

This is the area you're in. Blue lines are the forcefields. What you want to do is place the turrets where the red circles are, facing the direction the arrows are. This causes the dudes to run past them to get to you, so the turret has the advantage firing upon them. Also, if you wedge them into a corner, then when the combine run up to melee the turrets and knock them over, they'll just knock it against the corner and the turret will remain standing, gunning them down in the process.

Then, just hide in one of the two "aisles" in the center, and use the alt fire on the shotgun (the 2 shell blast) to kill anyone who passes.

I always, in anticipation of this part coming up in repeat playthroughs, use the grav gun to carry the turrets from the first standoff to the second, so I have 5 turrets at that part instead of 3. Then I carry all 5 to the last standoff so i have 8 instead of 3. Fun stuff. :D

Guest Pennywise
yeah pretty much

i lost my steam details tho so i cant play the game i fucking paid for

fuck steam tbh (seriously)

i've done that before, you have to conatct them about it, pain in the ass

Guest assegai

Steam is pretty good actually. Just remember your name/pw. You can uninstall/install gift/recieve games, all without discs. Pretty spiffy.

Guest Pennywise

yeh true except you cant sell your games. you can buy a game from a store then sell it once you've completed it, those days will be over soon.

Yes, but take this into consideration. You buy a $60 game from Gamestop. You beat it, trade it in, get $20 back (if you trade it in within the first month it's out, otherwise that amount decreases rapidly). If you ever want to play it again 6 months or a year later, you have to buy it again.

The same game on Steam is only $30, and you always have access to play it again whenever you want.

Of course, this is how it works in America, I don't know if game retail is as fucked in Europe as it is over here. I'll personally be happy to see Gamestop go away forever.

Guest abusivegeorge

Yea I bought the Orange box set not long ago, I've got massive appreciation for half life, all of them. Also portal had me going for days, fucking brilliant.

Plus, what a shame that Deus Ex 2 turned out the way it did.

i still really enjoyed deus ex 2, despite the unreal2 engine looking and playing like a cartoony piece of shit. might play through it again now that i've got a better system to run it on. though maybe i'll do that after i finish bioshock, fear, prey, and hexen 2 lol.

Planescape: Torment.

meh, it wasn't that great of a game, it was just funny and off kilter for what the typical pc rpg of that time period normally was.

Wouldn't a gree that Planescape is the BEST game ever made, but it was certainly better than "meh". Much better. Get it right or pay the price, Beneboi.

Guest Ultravisitor

thats how i made it through ravenholm. fucking ran out of ammo in the first bloody building.

tins of paint saved my life....

I played Half Life 1 and liked it a lot. Never played HL2 because my computer wasn't good enough to run it. I was really into CS and DOD, though.

Guest my usernames always really suck
half life yeah

the original team fortress

fun I got my dad to play it

team fortress2 any good?

It's only the best multiplayer shootan game ever made.

Even as much as Valve hates the Spy class and makes it harder to play every time they update the other classes, it's my favorite one to play

Guest my usernames always really suck
I really hope Eidos don't fuck up Thief 4 and Deus Ex 3.

Square-Enix bought out Eidos, so you can guarantee Thief 4 and Deus Ex 3 will have shitty, linear plots and shallow androgynous characters who don't have any flaws.

Archived