IGNORED

Half Life

Guest thanksomuch

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOVE IT

Played through HL1 about a billion times, as recently as December.

Played through HL2 a few times

Played through EP1 once, last month

Playing EP2 now, but for some reason it crashes my computer sometimes for no apparent reason. That started when I installed, then uninstalled oblivion... hmm...

Have portal, will play soon.

In conclusion, the HL series is one of my favorite evar.

on a side note, i wonder why they replaced Louis Gosset Jr for Tony Todd as the voice of the Vortegaunts (sp?)...

Interesting bit of trivia for the AA/NA folks - Louis Gosset Jr is in recovery. I heard him speak this year in St. Louis

on a side note, i wonder why they replaced Louis Gosset Jr for Tony Todd as the voice of the Vortegaunts (sp?)...

Interesting bit of trivia for the AA/NA folks - Louis Gosset Jr is in recovery. I heard him speak this year in St. Louis

Doesn't surprise me. After Iron Eagle 1, 2, 3 and 4, I'd imagine that would drive anyone to drink.

haha I tried Left 4 Dead yesterday, such a crap game. Just killing Zombies? Whats the fun in that?

It's very much a team effort. Playing alone is boring, and playing with strangers isn't much better. Play with some friends, and you'll see the difference.

Guest Dirty Protest
half life yeah

the original team fortress

fun I got my dad to play it

Best avatar ever. tv_party

Guest Dirty Protest

Its quite depressing that we're talking about a game thats about 5 years old(not necessarily a bad thing, im old and fucked myself). The whole things a dying genre, were at the Shed Seven or Leathal Weapon 3 point of games. Someone must have a good idea of how to display graphics.

good luck...it was an ugly game even when it was new...I hope you can get past the graphics and enjoy it. It's a funny game, the first time I played it I thought it was too over the top in both acting and plot devices, but on second playthrough it grew in brilliance.

good luck...it was an ugly game even when it was new...I hope you can get past the graphics and enjoy it. It's a funny game, the first time I played it I thought it was too over the top in both acting and plot devices, but on second playthrough it grew in brilliance.

yeah, it's over the top, but in a "HOLY CRAP I'M PLAYING A GOD DAMN MOVIE" kinda way. at least that's how i felt when i played it.

when I first landed in Hong Kong and got out on the streets I could have knelt and kissed the virtual pavement. It was like "Warren Spector gets it, finally a game to love besides Thief." The entire Hong Kong sequence was truly brilliant.

The thing I like about the game most of all is that it does everything it can to the most of it's ability. If you tell any developer - ok, here are the constraints you face in terms of time, budget, how many polys the engine can push, etc - now I'd like you to balance augmentations, asset management, stealth, shooting, rpg + fps, character driven vs. run-and-gun, gradual revealing of plot with some good twists, etc...you couldn't get a better result than Deus Ex. It's the near perfect game given the constraints they were under.

Really? I found Paris to be a bit of a disappointment - the sewers/catacombs segment was dull, there was nothing to to do in the bar...it just didn't do much for me. I thought the latter half of the game slumped just a bit, though the interlude at Morgan Everett's (am I remembering the name right?) was effing brilliant with two of the most ingenious easter eggs of any game, ever.

I like the Half Life games, very nice atmosphere, very good sounds too. BUT - I bought the Orange Box and while playing HL2 Epi2, in the mine-level after being chased by "the ancient one", this occured:

error.jpg

This is not my picture, it's off google, hence it's a common error. (it was "Half-Life 2: hl2.exe" in my case) But Valve has yet to offer a solution for this crash that now happens every single time the game reaches a point where new data is loaded. The oldest support forum entries were made in 2004 and they're still "workin' on it" :sad: I could never finish the game because of it... re-install etc doesn't help.

Really? I found Paris to be a bit of a disappointment - the sewers/catacombs segment was dull, there was nothing to to do in the bar...it just didn't do much for me. I thought the latter half of the game slumped just a bit, though the interlude at Morgan Everett's (am I remembering the name right?) was effing brilliant with two of the most ingenious easter eggs of any game, ever.

lucious debeers :)

Archived