IGNORED

DAN DEACON - BROMST

springymajig

Why isn't there any other threads about this yet?

I just got this yesterday, I've only listened to it once so far but it is an incredible album! I probably don't buy/listen to enough music to make a call like this but... screw it, I'm calling this one album of the year.

Guest Glass Plate

there's a thread for this album in new and upcoming releases.

I'm not that fond of this album.

Partially because Danny D is annoying these days.

Yeah admittantly, I first heard about dan deacon through this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skCV2L0c6K0

That being said, I'm surprised that people don't talk about him more here. Makes some good tunes. He is kinda like a less-IDM version of Bogdan. Bromst sounds awesome, I'll be ordering it soon.

Side note: is 'amittantly' a word?

It was great to run to, but most of the songs kind of do the same thing. There is a break where he granulates some chick singing and that's it, and that's a pretty cool track. "Wet Wings."

Guest Iain C

Need to listen to this, loved Spiderman of the Rings (terrible title though) and his live show is second to none

Guest Hanratty

he's a real nut. not faddy as someone said, but maybe some of his fans are, since he's become much more popular lately. about 5 years ago he played a weird little union hall in long island, ny with this crappy local teenage emo band. he was like an alien from another dimension to all the local dorks. haven't heard the new one, but i think overall he's great, even if not every song is something i like.

Guest 277: 930-933
once dan deacon borrowed my strobe light for a show. he never gave it bak

You should retaliate by pirating a strobelight's worth of his music.

Guest Glass Plate
he's a real nut. not faddy as someone said, but maybe some of his fans are, since he's become much more popular lately. about 5 years ago he played a weird little union hall in long island, ny with this crappy local teenage emo band. he was like an alien from another dimension to all the local dorks. haven't heard the new one, but i think overall he's great, even if not every song is something i like.

Not faddy?

Have you seen much of his Wham City vinue? Total faddy IMO.

Guest Hanratty

Not faddy?

Have you seen much of his Wham City vinue? Total faddy IMO.

i haven't seen it. i just think he is a genuinely weird person/artist with a gift for getting nerdy people to loosen up and have fun. he's had a lot of albums before Spiderman of the Rings, self-released cdrs and stuff like that.

Guest Iain C
i just think he is a genuinely weird person/artist with a gift for getting nerdy people to loosen up and have fun.

Hipster trash or not, I'll vouch for this. Amazing fun to see live, great rapport with the crowd in a way very very few artists have. I'm not much of one for dancing but I was running around in drunken circles like a mad twat, as was everybody else.

Archived