IGNORED

gabbro rod fix appreciation

Guest chunky

Aw! Thanks! ;-) Joyrex told us that rephlex records wrote him that they will release a boxset of unreleased tracks & live tracks by AFX... Yeah some of u had read this mail from richard & grant... It was the same moment of streaming of "Joyrex Tape" where we want these tracks... But rephlex records said 2 do not share them 'cause they'll out one day this boxset...

Aw! Thanks! ;-) Joyrex told us that rephlex records wrote him that they will release a boxset of unreleased tracks & live tracks by AFX... Yeah some of u had read this mail from richard & grant... It was the same moment of streaming of "Joyrex Tape" where we want these tracks... But rephlex records said 2 do not share them 'cause they'll out one day this boxset...

whaaaaaaaaaat???? :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

when did this happen??? also live tracks wtf :wacko:

boxset fuck yeah!

Based on the amount of time that has passed since then, and well, Rephlex being Rephlex, I think it's safe to assume this was "tell them anything to keep the files being shared" versus any plans of releasing this material. Then again, perhaps the plans were indeed scuppered due to others not bothering to honour Rephlex's request and share them online anyways (and unfairly brand them "the Joyrex tapes" as it wasn't me who leaked them to begin with.

I think it's safe to assume this was "tell them anything to keep the files being shared" versus any plans of releasing this material.

Ah, makes sense.

So how would you compare this situation to the Old Tunes/BoC Set saga? Any hope for that? I know Hexagon Sun were under some pretty big pressures of their own around the time it was first announced. IIRC, they were trying to get a copy of the Old Tunes taken down from an $800 eBay auction...

damn, but so what if these tracks were leaked and shared by a few, anyone who is a bit afx fan would buy this for sure!

I think it just takes a lot of time and money to release an album let alone a boxset, i think that's the reason it's not out.

+ i'm sure they would release new material by rdj first :wang:

I think it's safe to assume this was "tell them anything to keep the files being shared" versus any plans of releasing this material.

Ah, makes sense.

So how would you compare this situation to the Old Tunes/BoC Set saga? Any hope for that? I know Hexagon Sun were under some pretty big pressures of their own around the time it was first announced. IIRC, they were trying to get a copy of the Old Tunes taken down from an $800 eBay auction...

Different, but similar in the sense I don't think BoC is very interested in releasing old material - they're (ironically) very forward-focused it seems in their musical output, and for them have 'moved on' from these old releases, compared to us the fans who find the older material fascinating as it shows us the musical progression of where they are now.

I'll put it this way: I'd put more on seeing a "BoCset" of older material coming out more likely than Rephlex putting anything out that has either leaked online or otherwise. As a matter of fact, I can't recall a single instance where unreleased material leaked, and then the artist released an "official" version in response to the leak (no, Jega's Variance doesn't count, since that was always planned on being released even though it took ages).

damn, but so what if these tracks were leaked and shared by a few, anyone who is a bit afx fan would buy this for sure!

I think it just takes a lot of time and money to release an album let alone a boxset, i think that's the reason it's not out.

+ i'm sure they would release new material by rdj first :wang:

Honestly I don't think they ever had any intentions of releasing any unreleased material, leaked or otherwise - there's a reason those tracks were never really on any official releases - most were variations of tracks in-progress, or aborted ideas that for whatever reason, Richard decided not to pursue further and abandoned onto DAT.

from wikipedia : http://en.wikipedia....E2.80.93present

In June 2011, he spoke to Spanish magazine EL PAIS. When asked about the 6 albums, he answered 'More than 10 or 11 are already compiled, and many more songs are orphans.' He also revealed that a new album 'will show in a while' and that the reason there has been so long since his last album was that he was waiting for a divorce from his wife

ok but when? it's so long!!! :diablo:

(EDIT : http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&langpair=es|en&u=http://www.elpais.com/articulo/cultura/Odio/publico/elpepicul/20110617elpepicul_3/Tes)

P. What is your relationship with the public?

R. I hate them.

P. Why did you decide to act on a festival like Sonar?

R. To get away from home.

:wub:

Thx for the interview nevertheless Anchio ;)

• 2 years later...

Archived