IGNORED

Congrats to Antarctica, the most IDM thing in the universe.

Fred McGriff

Guest Coalbucket PI

Amazing news fellas, I feel good about Antarcica. I hope to contribute music and artwork submissions.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Complaints of "inappropriate touching" were made against a Santa who had posed for photographs on a decorated snowmobile at the U.S. McMurdo station, on the edge of the continent, a New Zealand newspaper reported on Wednesday.

I guess that's kind of IDM. At least it's very WATMM-ish...

Guest viscosity

just for reference, what were the past "most IDM" things? I believe beards was one of them?

I must be informed

Beards, Black Holes, and Anarctica.

The first year a compilation was devoted to Deep Sea Creatures ( who were ballin' outta contol, and last time I checked they still were). This compilation was the maiden release for fledgling label Futonic records. It was released in hard copy form.

Beards had a compilation as well.

Last year Black Holes won the big dance and futonic records again released a compilation devoted to IDM honcho Black holes. This was released as a digital download.

As far as i know their were no other IDM Bracketology associated releases.

i also like the idea of white vinyl... but that might be a pipe dream. CDr like DSC? or free download?

If you announce some sort of hard copy (vinyl or CDR) you will get more and better submissions, I reckon.

Everyone likes to be on a CD with a box and pictures and stuff

true, i wouldn't submit a track if i thought it was for hard copy, but would submit a track for a download release

i also like the idea of white vinyl... but that might be a pipe dream. CDr like DSC? or free download?

If you announce some sort of hard copy (vinyl or CDR) you will get more and better submissions, I reckon.

You can just get those printable CDrs... they're white

coloured vinyl sounds horrible though (quality-wise), so it would be more of a gimmick than anything else. If you got enough pre-orders, you could make a limited run (say 100) happen:

URP_Production_Menu.pdf

Guest catsonearth

there's going to be so many bloody pads on this comp you'll think you fell asleep and woke up in the trash bin of a women's restroom. AMIRITEGUYS?!

true, i wouldn't submit a track if i thought it was for hard copy, but would submit a track for a download release

did you mean the other way round?

coloured vinyl sounds horrible though (quality-wise), so it would be more of a gimmick than anything else. If you got enough pre-orders, you could make a limited run (say 100) happen:

URP_Production_Menu.pdf

I've run into trouble using those white cds, half of them were unusable and I had to re-burn the same disc twice. Maybe it's just me though, just want to throw that out there.

you can buy cd painters as well.

cd painter

there's going to be so many bloody pads on this comp you'll think you fell asleep and woke up in the trash bin of a women's restroom. AMIRITEGUYS?!

No ambient pads from me, I can assure you that.

URP_Production_Menu.pdf

I've run into trouble using those white cds, half of them were unusable and I had to re-burn the same disc twice. Maybe it's just me though, just want to throw that out there.

cd painter

What brand? I buy the Verbatim ones, and very rarely run across a dud

Guest catsonearth

No ambient pads from me, I can assure you that.

i'd like to say i'm not going to either, but who am i fucking kidding? i love icy ambient pads!

the question is, how many people are going to filter white noise up in this mofo?

URP_Production_Menu.pdf

cd painter

What brand? I buy the Verbatim ones, and very rarely run across a dud

Yeah they were Verbatim, it must've been a bad batch... but I'd say out of 10, 3 or 4 were usuable. QC must've took the day off.

Archived