IGNORED

i think we need to address this problem

Guest Franklin

Guest Franklin

the problem

HOW TO DRINK MORE WATER

Many health experts will agree that drinking more water will help give you more energy. (Read here from Michelle Schoffro Cook on why you should drink more water.) In celebration of this week's theme on keeping up your energy, here are my personal tricks on drinking more water.

* Make it a Morning Ritual. I once read in a magazine article that many of us wake up dehydrated, and the first thing you should do before you do anything else is drink two glasses of water. I've now made it a regular morning habit, and it inspires the momentum to continue drinking more for the rest of the day.

* Add Some Lemon. Back in the early stages when I couldn't stand drinking water, I squeezed lemon juice into my water. At restaurants, I would ask the servers to provide lemon slices with my water--which makes me sound snobby, but most restaurants are willing and expected to provide this service.

* Keep it In the Clear. When your urine is clear, you are properly hydrated. When your urine is a dark yellow, you are definitely dehydrated.

* Think of How Pretty You'll Look. I don't know how direct the correlation is between having healthy, glowing skin and drinking a lot of water, but I'm not taking any chances. Whatever psychological trick keeps me hydrated!

* Do It Like It's Hot. If you're in the mood for a hot drink, drink heated water. Sometimes we just want the psychological pleasure that comes with having a hot mug cupped in our hands than the actual drink itself. Plus, coffee and tea contain caffeine, which is a diuretic and elevates the rate of water being expelled from your body via urination.

* Drink When You Have a Munchie Attack. Sometimes our hunger is thirst masquerading as fake hunger. Drinking a cup or two of water will make you feel "full."

*Take Baby Steps. Don't expect to go from zero glasses of water to the full 8 glasses overnight. Start with one glass of water in the morning and one glass of water at night, and build your way up from there.

* Cheap cheap. Water at restaurants are FREE!

* Always have a full glass of water near you when you are working. It will give you something to mindlessly sip on when you are brainstorming or need something to do with your hands.

painful_stairs_slip.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
when i need energy i drink lucozade coz since the late 80's john barnes said

"isotonic lucozade sport....gets to your thirst....fast!"

and ill never for get it

he also said

"You two scousers are always yapping

I'm gonna show you some serious rapping

I come from Jamaica, my name is John Barn-es

When I do my thing the crowd go bananas"

i've drink on average about 12 bottles of .9 FL OZ water at work on the daily... sometimes in the morning and about 4 to 8 after work! i have lost a lot of weight!

weird, i drink water all the time but i just bought some tropicana

if you get more energy from drinking a lot of water, all that energy is wasted on going to piss every 10 seconds (or is this covered in the list? i couldnt be bothered reading it)

i don't believe you need to drink much water

wtf lemon juice in your water? the thing about something not tasting of much is it doesn't matter what it tastes like because it doesn't

about 40 mins ago i drank some water as i was swalling four hydrocodones.

there are warm rays of sunshine being born inside my tummy and they are lazily crawling up into the top part of my torso and they are kinda maneuvering my chest hairs from the inside. like expert knob twiddlers. they are programming ambient tunes actually.

wtf lemon juice in your water? the thing about something not tasting of much is it doesn't matter what it tastes like because it doesn't

I think that's the point; the blandness of the water is what turns some people off drinking it.

I think that's the point; the blandness of the water is what turns some people off drinking it.

i know, i just think that's silly. eat a cookie, then sip water, water will taste of cookie. next bite of cookie will be tastier because of cleansed palate.

Guest Tony Danza
i drink fucking litres of water every day, i never got why everyone always fagged out about how they can't drink it.

honestly nothing is better than pouring cold, clear water down your gullet when you are extremely thirsty

yes sir

or after a night of some good, heavy drinking, waking up to a swimming pool full of water that you can just live in is devine.

Drinking water feels like cleaning my insides. Same here, first thing I do when I wake-up, a big glass of water. And then some pure orange juice while going to work. I live very unhealthy but I will never wake-up on caffeine or sugar.

Archived