IGNORED

androids are coming [vids]

chaosmachine

Guest joshier

:sad:

"Based on an actual 5 year-old girl, she is build with flexible silicone skin..." A 5 year old has silicone skin??

These videos are pathetic and the one I'm quoting especially - what's with the 'scary' sound track? ohh the robots will take over!

that thing wouldn't fool a damn 5 year old let alone a competent adult human.

"Based on an actual 5 year-old girl, she is build with flexible silicone skin..." A 5 year old has silicone skin??

These videos are pathetic and the one I'm quoting especially - what's with the 'scary' sound track? ohh the robots will take over!

that thing wouldn't fool a damn 5 year old let alone a competent adult human.

okay.

i think what's freaky about these robots arent the "scary music", but the fact that they dont look human nor robotic, just strange.

goddamn thing weirds me out.

anyway, i didnt post the video as a warning for a global robot takeover, i was just bored. sry. srsly.

I really hope that androids arent that popular once robot intelligences become commonplace. I want my robot to look like a robot because thats what it is. There would be much more room for awesome robot designs. Whats the fun of dressing up robots to look like us besides weird sexual pleasure? You'd have to be really weird to think you're fooling anyone by dressing up a monkey to look exactly like a human being.

We want our assistants to look like us because it causes less stress. If you walk into a hotel and the robot desk manager looks like a human, you're going to enjoy your vacation more than if ED-209 is staring at you saying "You have 5 seconds to decide, smoking or non!".

Sometimes I think you have a chance at being an above average human, but then you make posts like this.

Less stress? Talking to to some goofy android with crappy voice recognition and synthesis doesn't sound welcoming at all. And that's just the software side, they can't even make a 3D model behave realistically (beyond uncanny) without using mocap. Let alone make a machine that behaves anything like a human. I like a lot of robotics and AI projects. But dressing them up as dolls is getting ahead of yourself and plain kitch. Ridiculous.

Toyota new robot can run and has really cool recovery features.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv35ItWLBBk

7 km/h is higher than our average walking speed.

I believe that's why they called it a running experiment.

Less stress? Talking to to some goofy android with crappy voice recognition and synthesis doesn't sound welcoming at all. And that's just the software side, they can't even make a 3D model behave realistically (beyond uncanny) without using mocap. Let alone make a machine that behaves anything like a human. I like a lot of robotics and AI projects. But dressing them up as dolls is getting ahead of yourself and plain kitch. Ridiculous.

At the moment, yes. But the reason we are developing them to look like us is precisely because of this. We deal well with the familiar.

At the moment, yes. But the reason we are developing them to look like us is precisely because of this. We prefer inserting our penii in the familiar.

fixt

I dunno, I thought fleshlight sales were pretty brisk.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived