IGNORED

Rapoon

Dementia

Has he ever played in the US? Has Zoviet France? The artists I'd most like hear in live performance (Biosphere, Rapoon, A Produce, Oophoi, to list a few) seem nearly impossible to come by.

what albums do you recommend from him?

i have one and it has the most bone chillingly beautiful guitar song....with some guy over top of it talking about the day he created the atomic bomb or something....god thats a great song....

Guest glasse

I saw Dead Voices on Air twice in the US, but that was when Mark Spybey was living over here. I don't know of Rapoon or ZF playing here, but I imagine they may have been invited to festivals or something. I think there was talk of Reformed Faction playing the US, but who knows..

I like Fires of the Borderlands, Vernal Crossing, Easterly Six or 7, etc. Most of the mid 90s stuff. I wasn't real into his drum and bass loops in acid attempts.

what albums do you recommend from him?

i have one and it has the most bone chillingly beautiful guitar song....with some guy over top of it talking about the day he created the atomic bomb or something....god thats a great song....

Oh? What's the name of the track?

I've only got a sixth of his discography but would recommend "Darker By Light," "What Do You Suppose," and "Easterly 6 or 7."

...with some guy over top of it talking about the day he created the atomic bomb or something...

Unrelated to the topic, but your description reminded me of this:

It was made by a friend of grasshopper (WATMM member).

the first and imo one of the best Rapoon albums is arguably one of the last Zoviet France albums 'Shadow thief of the sun' it is the only Zoviet France release that is credited as being a solo Robin Storey (the man who is otherwise known as Rapoon)album.

http://www.discogs.com/zovietfrance-Shadow...n/release/63689

i think pretty much everything from the first 'dream circle' release (Which was later remixed and released as recurring dream circle) to Fire of the borderlands is worth picking up. Its some of the finest and most emotional ambient music i have ever heard.

if you guys want to check out some more Rapoon like Zoviet make sure to pick up 'Loh Land' 'Just an Illusion' 'Assault and Mirage' 'What is not true' and 'Mohnomishe' (probably the most Rapoon-like ZF releases besides 'Shadow thief of the sun'

i have a huge hard on for zoviet france and anything related, for some reason DVOA never really blew me away, but its still good stuff worth picking up.

i have had like 4 dreams where i have seen imaginary Zoviet France shows, they have only played once in the US since i have been fans, and it was as 'Reformed faction' with 3 original members at the last Brainwashed show in Oregon

I saw Zoviet France play in Portland Oregon in 1991. It was at a small club... They had a strange gauze wrapped dancing lady all wound up in huge ropes who unwound herself through out their set. The sound I remember most from that show was "pencil on violin strings".

also live CD

I'm not aware of any Rapoon shows.

Just an Illusion is my favorite.

Guest Z_B_Z
Just an Illusion is my favorite.

me too. that sample from the preacher or wherever its from is really haunting. "or is it all just an illusion". i downloaded some flacs of rapoon a while back and sampled them a bit. not as good as zoviet france but i definitely appreciate the use of samples in that project..

I saw Zoviet France play in Portland Oregon in 1991. It was at a small club... They had a strange gauze wrapped dancing lady all wound up in huge ropes who unwound herself through out their set. The sound I remember most from that show was "pencil on violin strings".

also live CD

So one hot sweaty night in mid-May 1991 Zoviet France played in my livingroom through my stereo & this release is a recording of that show.

Lovely.

Archived